11,400 results
All reviewsfood courthippy dippy poolthe buspreferred roomthe bowling pin poolart of animationclassic hallpop culturedisney worldrooms are smallmain buildinggift shopmagical expressmagic kingdomdining plancast membersonline check
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We stayed in a preferred room in the 50's section...room 1107 to be exact. It was VERY close to everything and I really liked that. They did not charge us any extra for the refrigerator so that was a pleasant surprise. While we were there (April 14-20, 2012), we did not have to share a bus with another resort and that was a BIG PLUS.

The down side was it was a lot smaller than I remembered the All-Star Music resort rooms to be and the bed was VERY firm. However, my brother-in-law stayed at this resort the following week and said their bed was very comfortable. So, I guess it depends on what you get.

All in all, it was a very cute resort. Very colorful. Def a lot better than staying off of Disney property. If this is the only way I can budget to stay on Disney property, I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: When I stay at a Disney Value resort, I choose the preferred rooms so I won't have to walk as far to the bus stop. After walking all day in the parks, you don't want to add to the walking just to get to your room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank amandasprice
Reviewed 17 May 2012

My friend and I stayed at the Pop Century April 15-22. It was her first time there and my second. We loved it!
Our room was in the 70s section, on the fourth floor facing the lake. It was very quiet. Yes, we did hear toilets flushing and showers, but we each live in an apartment and found that we heard less noise at the Pop than at home. Our housekeeper for most of the week was Inez and she always did something special with the towels. Each day we looked forward to returning to our room to see what creature was waiting for us. And we loved having a fridge in our room. That was a great decision by Disney to include them in the price of the room.
We were on the quick service meal plan and had many of our meals at the resort. I loved the omelettes in the morning. The soups made a wonderful lunch. And the chicken was excellent. Many people like the tie-dye cheesecake; I prefer the carrot cake.
In the last 27 years I have been several times to Disney World, so I am not one to want to be at the parks from the time they open until they close. I like to have some downtime and the Pop is a great place for that. I love being at the main pool and watching the activities that go on throughout the day. It can be a little noisy but I was able to read my book without too many distractions. I enjoyed the arcade and I love that they now show movies in the evening. I didn't see any this time but will try to do so the next time I go.
Transportation to and from the parks was great. The longest we waited for a bus was 20 minutes. And that was only once. Buses were usually there within 10 minutes.
The Pop Century is a wonderful resort and I would highly recommend it to everyone. The property is spotless, the amenities are great, and the staff is friendly. I hope to return very soon.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank Marleen M
Reviewed 17 May 2012

THe location and ease of using the Disney Transportation is the real plus for staying here. However, you have got to love crowds because this hotel due to its massive size and price point is a little overwhelming with people and children. Trying to grab breakfast in the morning is not a feat for the faint- hearted. Suffice to say, the amount people makes a less than quiet family setting. Confusion and noise prevails. The positive is that the price is the lowest for a Disney property location. The rooms are very compact and clean.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank our20th
Reviewed 16 May 2012

My husband and I visited Pop Century in the 80's building for a week in June 2011. Our room was not what I expected from Disney... the bed covers had stains on them, there were hairs in our bed sheets... AND when my husband pulled back the sheets on one of the beds there was a plastic spoon in the sheets!!! What?
The bus service from the hotel was alright, except they definately made you feel like the "lower class" since the Pop Centry bus pick up was ALWAYS the furthest from the park entrance...
The had the food plan with 2 snacks, a quick meal and a sit down meal for each day... I thought it was too much food... we could have probably saved money there... but it was nice. The only problem we ran into was when we went to the Floridian cafe and the waitress told us that because we had the "value" plan we could only have a choice of the cheaper desserts on the menu... couldn't have whatever we wanted... that made us feel a little uncomfortable.
I would NEVER stay at Pop century again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank livygrace
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Very clean and nice for a value resort.Had it's own bus which was a definite plus. Most of the resorts had to share one bus and it was overcrowded with tired people at the end of the day. Dining was ok...nothing really special though. Pizza was horrible! Cast members were very helpful and professional but I wouldn't expect anything less from Disney!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple