“Pop Century Resort is wonderful”

Disney's Pop Century Resort
Ranked #137 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 21 November 2007

My trip was November 1-5, 2007. It was my sixth trip to WDW and my third time staying at Pop Century. I love it there! As a single woman, I have no fears or hesitation staying at one of Disney's resorts, as the security at every location is excellent. Pop Century is one of the Value Resorts, but what makes it especially better than the Sports, Music or Movies resorts is that it has bus transportation to and from the parks that is solely for that resort. So you never have to hopscotch to all the resorts to get where you're going.

The resort itself is fully up to Disney's top quality standards. Oh, and here's something about their housekeeping staff that surprised me: I left tip money for the cleaning staff and it was not picked up. When I called Housekeeping, I was told that they would not remove money from someone's room unless there was a note specifically stating it was meant for them. Isn't that great? I felt my belongings were in good hands whenever I left them in the room.

If you've never been to WDW in Florida, you have been missing out. Don't wait! This is a fabulous destination for all ages. Also, I cannot remember seeing so many people with disabilities in the past, so clearly the busses and parks are very wheelchair accessible. If you're worried that it's too expensive, consider the amount of entertainment you're receiving in return. It is a good "investment" of your time and money. (Did you know you can bring your own food and non-alcoholic drinks into the parks? Think of the money you can save that way!)

Enjoy!

14  Thank WhereShallWeGoNext
There are newer reviews for Disney's Pop Century Resort

Reviewed 14 November 2007

We booked this hotel because it was cheaper than many on International Drive and you get free parking in the Disney Parks. We went expecting it to be to the standard Disney sets itself but to be very tacky and garish with little to make me want to stay there other than a bed...

However...

We were more than happy with our stay and the staff were fantasticly helpful. We didn't spend too much time at the hotel and it is true that you can occassionally hear what is going on in other rooms but his is primarily showers and flushing toilets.

The food court has a varied range (it is the same everyday) and it is worth investing in a reusable cup even if you just use it at breakfast and when you return of an evening you will break even after a few days. Last year we stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and though they had 2 resturaunts the basic food court was... well basic.

So if you aren't wanting lie ins, a romantic getaway, this is great. Food is good, accomodation is basic but what more do you need?

13  Thank Denerious
Reviewed 13 November 2007

Just stayed @ Pop Century Resort for 4 nites with my 5 year old daughter and my mohter- it was great!! No problems at all, we did stay in the 60's building which was a great location to the food court and buses, would recommend requesting a room opposite of pool side ( was very loud on Sat nite) The transportation system was great and never waited more then 15 minutes for a bus to the parks or back to resort, did have to wait around 45 minutes @ the airport for the Magical Express Bus to take us to Pop Century but it really wasn't a problem. I thought the food was excellent at the resort and at all locations we ate @ during our stay. Did the dining plan and that is the way to go!! Can't wait to go back again in a few years and plan to stay @ Pop Century again!!!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
11  Thank laracate
Reviewed 12 November 2007

Overall , I would stay there again. We asked for a prefered room, which we got. Definitly stay in the playdoo or Blue building, but I'd would recommend the backside of the building. Poolside got a bit loud even in the quiet times. For example there was a toddler in a diaper at 12:15 a.m. running around the babypool plaing and screaming! And his father was video taping all this! Shouldn't he be in bed. Also abig Eagles game was on late one night and the teens were out of control since parents were watching the game. The price is right for a family. The food court was great. Lots of choices. Check in for us went smooth but my Mom came a few days later and didn't get in her room till after 11:30 and it still wasn't cleaned right. We showed up and snacks from the last group were sitting on the bed and extra room stuff still sitting outside the door. She was also to be ajoining to our room. She ended up around the corner and down one floor. And she payed prefered for that! If you go during the really hot season, I wouldn't stay there. We didn't have much wait for the buses, but the lines were in the direct sun, no shaded areas like at the moderate hotels and up. So you stood there sweating waiting for buses. The lifeguards are very attentive and have a cute pool opening ceramony.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
7  Thank sscassel
Reviewed 12 November 2007

We stayed at pop disney for two weeks holiday between 11th- 25th Oct and have to admit it exceeded our expectations.
We have been to Florida twice before, first staying in a hotel in International Drive and secondly in a villa in Kissimee. This however is the fist for us as a family of two adults and an 8 year old.
THE FACTS; Officially this is a 2 star rating hotel but compared to British standards we would class it between 3 and 4 star.
Yes it is totally family orientated so if you want peace and quiet then this is not for you. Even in October kids can swim in the heated swimming pool till 10pm with a qualified life guard on hand.
The restuarant does get very busy and sells mostly fast food with adequate healthy options from the fridges but take advantage of the refillable mugs at $13 inc tax even if your staying for only one week as is really pays.
Staff wre always helpful and polite although you had to wait at peak times.
Maid service was great with clean towels when required.
Rooms; we booked a family room wich was fine for our requirements but not as big as some other places we had stayed at. Remember, after a day at the parks all you want to do is sleep.
Eating out can be great fun if you budget accordindly, either cheap, varied middle of the road, or plush. We found a great Italian on west Vine St, Kissimee about marker 4, called Carrabba's, be sure to get there before 6.30pm. Fanastic food no matter your budget for dollars rather than pounds. I treated my wife and son to a special meal of fillet steak, veal, and italian meatballs with a starter and drinks all for$84.00 plus tip, and it was to die for with first class service.
To conclude, this is a great family hotel with good service and transportation to the theme parks so you can leave the rental car by your room. Will we going back in 5 years time? You BET!.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank chrishann
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
3.4 km away
1.9 km away
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
3.0 km away
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!