“I loved it”

Ranked #1 of 435 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: There are many ways to enjoy your Orlando vacation, but there is only one place where vacation becomes adventure: Universal Orlando Resort. It is a unique destination featuring two theme parks, Universal Studios Florida and Universal's Islands of Adventure, three magnificently themed on-site hotels and a nighttime entertainment complex. It's the only Orlando destination where you are not just entertained - you become part of the most exhilarating entertainment ever created. You can soar above Hogwarts with Harry Potter, swing above the streets with Spider-Man, battle aliens alongside Agent J, and help Shrek save Princess Fiona in Shrek 4-D. Now open: the new, heart-warming and hilarious Despicable Me Minion Mayhem ride. And coming soon: Transformers The Ride-3D. Universal Orlando Resort is part of NBCUniversal, a Comcast company.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Great for me but I'm a big kid. My girls not interested as they're not into Harry Potter.

There are newer reviews for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Reviewed 3 March 2012

They truly recreated the movie here. The butter beer, the cobblestones, everything. I didn't want to leave and can't wait for the next visit.

Reviewed 3 March 2012

This theme park is wonderful!!! It was one of the high lights of our trip to Florida. The park offers a few great rides and the shops in Hogsmead are great! (Many of the shops are just store fronts for effect.) They are proud of their Butterbeer, but it was worth the price. I recommend getting the slushy one.

1  Thank CKRyan
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I always liked the Harry Potter movies. Not a great fan but I liked them very much.

When you enter there you really feel like you were inside the movie.

It's always very crowded so try to go on the first days of the week.

The Forbidden Journey is awesome. The first time follow the normal line in order to have time to admire all the things inside Hogwarts. After that if you want to enter again to the forbidden jouney use de single rider line.

2  Thank Pablo V
Reviewed 3 March 2012

With two female teenagers and a wife who are avid HP book readers and fans, we just had to visit this themepark. Not that I need to be dragged there as I am a fan as well! We had heard from many others that the attraction is fantastic. Having experienced it, I would say that that statement is inaccurate - it is a gross understatement. The attraction is almost beyond words. One does not know where to begin describing this attraction. So I won't try to, except to say that we enjoyed it thoroughly and in fact went back for a second day.

Make sure you experience Harry Potter & The Forbidden Journey, Dragon Challenge and Butter Beer! I am sold on the latter. We couldn't get enough of it. Not so sure about the Pumpkin juice though. If I have one gripe, it is the fact that Hogsmeade village is very much a huge retailing or merchandising enterprise, albeit with quite a few interesting bits. So as not to spoil surprises for you, I won't mention these.

Oh my other gripe is the VIP visitors who are allowed to jump queues. On the one afternoon, I observed groups of VIPs arriving at regular intervals and entering Ollivanders ahead of many others who have been lining up for ages. Not fair!

In our humble opinion, if not for this attraction, its Dragon Challenge and the Incredible Hulk Coaster, Universal's Islands of Adventure would be a terribly disappointing themepark.

1  Thank skis-gitz