1,686 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Just stayed here for 2 weeks. We originally booked to stay in the adjoining Metropoltan resort as someone we know had stayed there previously and said it was OK, however on arrival there was no fridge in our room, and the safe had no key. We went back to reception to ask about both and were informed that they might be able to get us a fridge from somewhere, but no rooms in the metropolitan had safes in the rooms that worked. We then decided to pay extra to move to the Allure resort, which shares the same reception and facilities.

The rooms in the Allure are spacious and clean, large bathrooms and lots of storage space. That's the good bit over. Complimentary continental breakfast is advertised on both the Metropolitan and Allure websites. We got it the first day no problem, coffee and cerial, croissant or Danish pastry. Not great but something. The next day I head down to reception where your given a ticket for your breakfast to hand in at the Café only to be told I'm not entitled to it. My brother in law who was staying in the room facing got theirs no problem.

I got their web page up on my phone and showed the advert to to the receptionist that likes to say No, and after a slight debate she gave me my tickets. And so it went on. Some days we'd get it, others we'd get told were not entitled to it, one day we asked at 09.32 to be told they stop serving it at 09.30......In the end we gave up. Too much of hassle for a cup of coffee and a croissant but why advertise a complimentary breakfast?

Next the pool area. It's very neglected and wasn't even open when we arrived due to Hurricane Irma. Fair play, we arrived on the Tuesday after the hurricane had passed and they opened it the next day. The pool area must serve at least 300 rooms yet there were only 8 sun loungers out and 3 of them were broke, 4 tables, 4 chairs. No parasols at all so no shade in 34 degree heat. Hot tub/spa out of use for the whole duration of our stay as its on a decking area in a poor state of repair/ cordoned off which is built around the pool bar, which is also out of use. Also hardly any lights working at night around the pool so quite dark and unpleasant to sit out there at night. They also closed the pool for cleaning on a day when we wanted to chill and not do a theme park. They do state that you can use the indoor YMCA pool near the hotel but why would I want to swim indoors in Florida??

To sum up this place I'd say its ok for a short stay if you have business in the area, but 2 weeks for a family holiday? unless they improve the facilities I'd give it a miss.

1  Thank peter M
rcr0use, Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Thank you for the nice reveiw. We apologize that we fell short in certain areas during your stay. Your concerns have been brought to our staff members. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the near future.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Without a doubt the RUDEST staff I have ever met ( and I live in London ) an hour queue to check in and the most shady people checking in ( playing music on their phones, eating chicken legs in the queue , some of them looked homeless.

Someone even got arrested in reception while we were waiting. I honestly wished I could have stayed in my car instead at this point.

After an hour of waiting we didn't even get an apology for the wait. The most rude people on the front desk ever, how they ever got a job in customer service is beyond me.

Rooms stink of smoke even though it's supposed to be a non smoking hotel. Anyone can just walk in. Zero security.

The worst part - I had paid for my trip with my travel agent and the hotel pull a sneaky trick upon check in of charging you a " resort fee " of $250! For what exactly? Is there a good club / a spa? How is it a resort?? You have to pay it then and there and I wasn't even made aware. Receptionist didn't care.

Went down in the night to ask about the air conditioning as it had broken and the woman behind the desk was asleep and was annoyed I had woken her up!

Without a doubt the worst and rudest hotel I have ever stayed in ( and I've stayed in some places )

The positive reviews on this hotel are either made up or paid to say nice things. I would give zero stars but I have to leave one.

Didn't try the restaurant or pool but heard lots of people complain at reception. Staff didn't care.

Do yourself a favour and even find a bench or a ditch to sleep in. At least you won't feel as ripped off.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
8  Thank benjamesstark

Thank you for staying with us and for bringing your concern to our attention. I’m very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. We have addressed your concerns with our team members. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the near future.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

This was the worst hotel I have had the misfortune to stay in. I was in Florida when Hurricane Irma hit, We were in a villa but chose to book into a hotel as we unsure of what to do in a hurricane. We booked 2 rooms one of which my daughter and 2 grandchildren were in and our room. They both smelled so strongly of weed that it gave me a headache. When I Complained 3 times I was told it must be coming from the vents what can they do! It leaked from the windows, ceiling and both exists were flooded. They ripped you off in the so called restaurant and I use that word lightly, the food was discussing. We were on a curfew so we were stuck. The staff were very unhelpful and rude. The hotel itself was dirty and to be honest it was upsetting how they treated the Americans that were fleeing from their own homes some of which did not have any where to go back to. This hotel should not be advertised. We booked the rooms for 3 nights as the airports were closed but found out we could get a flight the day before. we canceled the 3rd night well with in the time they gave.On our arrival home they had taken money out of our account for the night we cancelled and low and behold each email address I have tried is now void. .

3  Thank JaneM2931
rcr0use, Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Ms. Maguire

Thank you for your comments and again we apologize that you were unhappy with your stay. W had offered to move your rooms for you on several occassions and you had mentioned that it was too late in the evening to wake you daughter up. I had mentioned to you to come down the next morning to get moved. You decided not too. As far as not accommodating evacuees our whole hotel was mostly all Florida Residents. Our staff worked many hours to make sure everyone who stayed with us was safe at all times. As far as having standing water outside that is something that was uncontrollable with the amount of rain that fell upon us during a major hurricane. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the near future that is not during a natural diaster to see how we operate

Reviewed 12 September 2017

My family was very grateful for safe shelter during Hurricane Irma, however we would be very disappointed if we came here on vacation.

Firstly the housekeepers like to short sheet the beds, which is really only a problem if you plan to use the covers.

Secondly there was no "Do not Disturb" sign in our room, which became very problematic, during our stay there seemed to be some kind of towel shortage, so every time the housekeepers came in our room they took the towels we started with, and failed to replace them. Which turns into a fun time when you have a 5 year old in your group. Tried to procure more towels from housekeeping and was told to call front desk. The in room phone doesn't contact the front desk, it calls a national hotline.

Third maybe I'm spoiled, but it seems to have become fairly standard to serve complementary breakfast at most hotels theses day. Don't expect that here. The in-Hotel restaurant has all the ambiance of a school lunch cafeteria, complete with angry person holding an ice cream scoop.

In conclusion, the rooms were nice and spacious, although aged. But don't expect much, and bring your own towels.

1  Thank Rhiannon F
rcr0use, Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you did not completely enjoy your stay with us. We have addressed your concerns with our team members. However, because of the seriousness of the Hurricane we had to operate with limited staff and limited services. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the near future.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Front desk charged resort fee at check in despite showing voucher from booking agent clearly stating that guest should not be billed for stay. Resort fee not disclosed anywhere and request of receipt for resort fee payment denied. Placed into standard room despite paying for and reserving for a deluxe room. Discovered vacancy log left by staff in room which showed 33 vacant rooms, 11 of which were deluxe rooms at time of check in. Bathroom smelled of sewage. Other guests were complaining of sewage smell during check out. Allure Resort was aware of the sewage smell caused by the toilets not being sealed properly and still filled rooms with guests before fixing the issue. I am filing a complaint with the Orange County Health Department about the sewage being inhaled by guests at Allure Resort. I am also filing a BBB complaint despite Allure Resort already having an F rating to try to get a refund. My guest and me both had allergic reactions to the room caused by pet dander and dusk. The 2nd Floor smelled of cigarette smoke despite being a smoke free hotel. The AC had a mind of its own. The room was freezing at check in and uncomfortably hot at check out. The Allure Resort's restaurant had a lunch special of $9.99 advertised on 3 signs on the entrance to the restaurant. After waiting in line for about an hour the restaurant was actually charging $12.99. An employee created a huge scene when questioned about the price change yelling at guest to get out of line if not paying $12.99. In my opinion Allure Resort does not care about negative reviews or repeat customers and instead there business model is to trick tourists visiting orlando rarely into thinking their hotel is a resort.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wilson M
rcr0use, Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you did not completely enjoy your stay with us. We have addressed your concerns with our team members. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the near future.