“Great location horrible service”

Allure Resort International Drive Orlando
Ranked #306 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 25 September 2014

The resort looks nice from the outside. but don't let that fool you. Upon arrival the staff was very nice and we were helped very quick . Got to the room looked nice and clean. So was thinking we got a phenomenal deal. However we just got there after a 20 hour car ride so we all wanted a shower and a good nap. Go to take a shower there are no towels only a hand towel and it has black hair on it. The kids couldn't watch TV the remote didn't work and the cable wasn't working so just a bunch of static! they didn't bring us towels until almost 9 at night. then the beds were all sunk in and extremely hard. called the front desk to see when the shuttle ran for seaworld and reconfirmed the time 3 different times. so we got to the lobby at 935 she said it came at 9:50...we waited till bout 1015 and the guy at the front desk informed us that it didn't come till closer to noon... said they don't have any shuttles that come at that time. so then ended up having to be late to seaworld. there was throwup in the hall away it was just horrible! there are a TON of other options on international drive save yourself the hassle go somewhere else!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank toya417
Write a ReviewReviews (1,587)

Reviewed 24 September 2014

Allure Hotel charges resort fee that is never disclosed during check-in and they fail to provide a receipt during check-out when booked thru' third party booking which supposedly should have included all the fees.. You are surprised when you see your credit card statements about these charges which again you come to know when you call the hotel for the details of these charges. This is a scam that many resort hotels are using including Allure and I would not want to stay in this hotel again since there is no fairness to consumer as they fail to disclose at every opportunity they had. The only reason they call themselves as resort is so that they can charge this resort fee which is not controlled in this hotel industry. There is nothing in this hotel that qualifies to call themselves as resort. Not to mention their bathroom faucet had broken knobs and water in bath tub would not shutoff. The room telephone didn't work and the bathroom door would not close. Their front porch had cars parked along the yellow lines all the time (violation of fire code) when there are no lines waiting for checking in when all the rear and side parking lot is practically empty. Visitors - Don't be fooled by this so called RESORT name. Book your hotel room elsewhere and you will not regret it!

Room Tip: I would not recommend anyone book this hotel and pay any additional resort fees as there is not even...
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank ChrisAdvise
Reviewed 24 September 2014

I was concerned after reading all the reviews after being assigned this hotel by Priceline. However, I was actually surprised by how normal it was. If you get an online deal and pay ($50-60 a night), it was reasonable. I've stayed at many a worse hotel at higher price. My AC worked fine without an issue. You can take the bus for $2 down to the conference center.

+ Clean
+ Decently helpful staff
+ Nice rooms
+ Cheap

- The 3.5 stars rating seems maybe 1.5 stars too high.
- The "resort" designation seems disingenuous at best.
- The walls are paper thin and I could hear entire conversations in the adjacent room whether I wanted to or not
- Expired elevator inspection certificates (8/14)
- Sleep number beds do not work (decently comfortable anyway)
- Resort fee (What am I paying for?)

Room Tip: This is not a resort (as I see it). Fine for business travelers looking to save some money.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tklost
Reviewed 24 September 2014 via mobile

After booking this room I read many reviews online stating that other customers booked rooms and then when they got there, the room was not available and they were sent to a different hotel. I called to specifically make sure this would not happen on my trip, I was reassured my room would be available for me. Then suprisingly when i show up after a long day of flights to claim my room, it's not available and im sent to a 2 star motel next door that is dirty, disgusting and unsafe. That was completely unacceptable and even though this hotel was decent, clean and in a great area, this made me never want to come back to such an unprofessional unorganized place. And plus most of the employees are very rude.

• Stayed: September 2014
1  Thank Floridahotels
Reviewed 23 September 2014

We planned on staying here for a week in October because we stayed here earlier in the year and it was very pleasant. Boy have things here gone down hill fast! We booked through hotels.com and selected their "pay at the hotel" option. We travel for business every other week and budget our funds accordingly. We were about to check into our hotel for this current week when our business card declined, very strange. Turns out that Allure decided to just not honor the "pay at the hotel" option and charge our card anyway, wiping out our funds for the current business trip. Allegedly we were supposed to be issued a refund, still haven't seen it. We have been spending this trip scraping and managing with courtesy vouchers and my saved up reward nights to try to get by with the fact that they cleaned the account. I've called Allure twice to check on the status of the refund, the first guy heard me out and took my information but said he was the only one at the desk and "quite frankly I have more important things to do." WOW. The second guy first said a manager wasn't available and then after I insisted on speaking to a manager said he was the manager. As if I believe that but whatever, I told him what happened and he said "well if that's all then I'm just going to hang up the phone right now." At one point I did leave my phone number for a manager to call me back.. Somehow I don't think that is going to happen.

I am so disappointed because I would have been willing to stay here in October anyway had they handled the error professionally. I have worked in the hotel industry and spend most of my year in hotels and can tell you if any of my employees treated a guest the way I have been treated by the staff at this hotel, they wouldn't be able to work in fast food much less a front desk.

Stayed: September 2014