Allure Resort International Drive Orlando
Ranked #308 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I've been to Orlando six times now and stayed in five hotels in international drive area aswell as one hotel in Lake buena vista,this hotel is not bad for what i payed it's about the same quality as most of the others i've stayed in, my room was clean thanks to the cleaners who do a great job the hotel lobby,surounding areas and corridors were very clean,the pool and pool area was also kept clean ,not everything was good at the radisson hotel,the beds were awful i did'nt have one good nights sleep in two weeks ,the beds were remote control so you could adjust how hard or how soft you wanted the mattress,not an easy task you just cant get the setting right,apart from the beds i would recomend this hotel to anyone wanting a clean hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Les P
Rhi_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Thank you for your review.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,599)

Reviewed 14 July 2012

My family (4 adults, 3 children) stayed in two rooms from July 7- July 11. I called the hotel prior to our arrival to request adjacent rooms. They were unable to meet this request; however, they were able to put us on the same floor. This was very helpful since there are seven floors. The seventh floor is the place to be! It was very, very quiet. The hotel rooms here are larger than average with a big bathroom. Our sleep number beds were great, and once I learned the right setting for me, the bed was very comfortable.
The pool towels need to be available to all guests; they were unavailable the day we went swimming. I recommend not eating their breakfast buffet; the food had been sitting there awhile and was not tasty. Hotel staff was friendly.

Room Tip: 7th floor is quite!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Rhi_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Allure Resort International Drive Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2012

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the order to meet or exceed our guest expectations.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

I bid this hotel on Priceline so I didn't know which one it would lead me to. After two days of staying at this hotel (I still have two more nights left), I'd say that its pros and cons are both obvious:

Pros:

Convenient location: It's on International Drive, close to Universal Studios and I-4 entrance, plus a lot of bars, restaurants, attractions nearby.
Spacious room: Its rooms are fairly bigger than the usual hotel rooms I've stayed in before.
Friendly staff: its staff is really friendly, and they responded for your requests very promptly.
Buffet breakfast: this hotel offers buffet breakfast for charge of $5.95, plus tax and tip, so you pay about $10 for a very decent breakfast - drink excluded.

Cons:

The overall hotel: it is ranked 3 and half stars but I don't think it can compete with some other even 3 star hotels I stayed before, e.g. DoubleTree Portland Lloyd Center. More specifically, it is kinda old.
Card key: their card key system didn't work perfectly, which made me out of my hotel room quite a few times.
Room smell: I booked 2 rooms and one of them smells not good.

Overall I would recommend it to my friends only because its location and price.

Room Tip: It's worth paying for their buffet breakfast.
1  Thank KirklandTom
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

Just returned from 12 days stay at this hotel. We usually stay at the Hyatt place on i drive but it was very expensive this year so booked the radisson. I thought the rooms were a lovely and really the sleep number beds as my husband and I like totally different mattresses so this was brill. The room is a little dated but nothing a few new pictures and light fixtures would not fix. Did not hear our neighbours or any traffic from road and lifts were very qucik. The bathroom was a lovely size way bigger than the hyatt and plenty of clean towel. Really positive for us was having a really good cold fridge which meant we could freeze ice packs for our beach days. Aslo microwave etc meant we could have breakfast in room if we wanted. The tv is a good size slighly limiting channel but no big deal as we only watched it for max 30mins a day! Great closet space and great having a really secure safe in our room. Cleaning of rooms is very good and bed sheets changed daily if we wanted.
Another poistive was air con really cold and very quiet comapred to what we are use too.
Yes there does appear to be a few plugs in room that dont work and wifi a little slow at times but these are not deal breakers.
Overall small issues but which hotel doesnt? Would we stay again- yes without doubt

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fussygirl06
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Thank you for your review. We are looking forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

We've stayed at both the Radisson Lake Buena Vista and International Drive locations. There is no comparison. The Lake Buena Vista location is much nicer. We expected a similar experience on International Drive. We were disappointed. Staff was unprofessional, ill-informed, and offered contradictory information. Check-in was a laborious process. Part of the delay was reportedly due to "drying the pillow cases" (!) Even the bell-hop apologized for our check-in experience, and said he hoped the rest of our stay would be better. Unfortunately, it was not. The welcome gift was not in the room. When housekeeping finally brought it, they had gotten the count wrong, i.e., 2 bottles of water when there were 3 of us. We shared our 2 bottles of water and 3 cookies and then went out for the evening. When we came back desperately tired after being on the road all day, and turned down the covers, we found HAIR on the sheets. Again, we waited for housekeeping to come...and change the sheets. There was no initiative/follow-up regarding this situation as had been promised. I raised the (hair) issue with management the next day. The manager John admitted he had not been made aware of the problem and handled it by saying, "How much hair was there?" Does the hotel have an "acceptable amount of hair" policy? At one point we were given complimentary breakfast coupons. We tried to use them in the restaurant and were told they couldn't be used there. We went to another breakfast counter in the lobby and were told we couldn't use them there either. The person at that counter said that the front desk should've told us where the coupons could be used. We went to the front desk and were shown to an isolated, dingy, windowless, completely unappealing room where we could select from some basic breakfast items which had been laid out on a table against the wall in exchange for our coupons. My oldest son refused to eat in this pitiful setting. My bill did not reflect the rate I was quoted. Adjustments/corrections to the bill reflected comments to the effect "Customer continued to complain." I asked that these remarks be updated to more accurately reflect the fact that problems with the hotel were brought to management's attention for correction. I was told it was not possible to correct these remarks. As such, the hotel basically blamed the customer for complaining rather than taking responsibility for their areas of weakness.

Room Tip: There is a room near the top floor with a miniscule view of Hogwart's Castle in The Wizarding...
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson International Drive we apologize about your experience at our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the order to meet or exceed our guest expectations.