1,681 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We've stayed at both the Radisson Lake Buena Vista and International Drive locations. There is no comparison. The Lake Buena Vista location is much nicer. We expected a similar experience on International Drive. We were disappointed. Staff was unprofessional, ill-informed, and offered contradictory information. Check-in was a laborious process. Part of the delay was reportedly due to "drying the pillow cases" (!) Even the bell-hop apologized for our check-in experience, and said he hoped the rest of our stay would be better. Unfortunately, it was not. The welcome gift was not in the room. When housekeeping finally brought it, they had gotten the count wrong, i.e., 2 bottles of water when there were 3 of us. We shared our 2 bottles of water and 3 cookies and then went out for the evening. When we came back desperately tired after being on the road all day, and turned down the covers, we found HAIR on the sheets. Again, we waited for housekeeping to come...and change the sheets. There was no initiative/follow-up regarding this situation as had been promised. I raised the (hair) issue with management the next day. The manager John admitted he had not been made aware of the problem and handled it by saying, "How much hair was there?" Does the hotel have an "acceptable amount of hair" policy? At one point we were given complimentary breakfast coupons. We tried to use them in the restaurant and were told they couldn't be used there. We went to another breakfast counter in the lobby and were told we couldn't use them there either. The person at that counter said that the front desk should've told us where the coupons could be used. We went to the front desk and were shown to an isolated, dingy, windowless, completely unappealing room where we could select from some basic breakfast items which had been laid out on a table against the wall in exchange for our coupons. My oldest son refused to eat in this pitiful setting. My bill did not reflect the rate I was quoted. Adjustments/corrections to the bill reflected comments to the effect "Customer continued to complain." I asked that these remarks be updated to more accurately reflect the fact that problems with the hotel were brought to management's attention for correction. I was told it was not possible to correct these remarks. As such, the hotel basically blamed the customer for complaining rather than taking responsibility for their areas of weakness.

Room Tip: There is a room near the top floor with a miniscule view of Hogwart's Castle in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson International Drive we apologize about your experience at our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the order to meet or exceed our guest expectations.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

I just returned from a 3 night stay at this Radisson, and although I have never written a review before, I felt like I needed to for this hotel. For a family of 4 the rooms were a good size, and they were clean. However, the toilet in our room didn't flush properly, we asked that it be fixed, but nothing changed. The walls were also very thin. We could hear when other guests flushed their toilets or ran their showers. Our shower didn't work properly either. The pressure and temperature kept changing. The room was also way too hot during the night. It was like we didn't have control of our room temp even though their was a thermostat on the wall. I woke up every night sweating. The sleep number beds were also a problem. Only one remote worked, but it didn't matter because the bed would just deflate no matter how hard you set it. Overall, the rooms were a disappointment. The good (being big and clean) didn't out weigh the bad (everything I mention above).

The pool was disgusting. It needed cleaning very badly. The water was so cloudy and was a green colour. I only used it once for this reason. We were also told that there were towels available by the pool, but my husband complained a few times about the bin always being empty, and it was never filled.

The also slide a bill for 30.00 under our door for what they claimed was a resort fee. We were not told upon check in or when we through Priceline who we booked this hotel with. My husband complained and the manager waved the fee.

I would avoid the restaurant. We didn't eat dinner there, so I can't comment on that, but the breakfast buffet was awful. Everything had seemed to be sitting for so long, and nothing was replaced once it ran out. Once we were seated the wait staff seemed to disappear. The restaurant was also so hot, it didn't have A/C.

Overall, very disappointed with our stay. Even though the hotel was in a convinent location, and had a friendly staff, these things couldn't make up for all that I found lacking with this hotel. There were so many options on International Drive, and if I hadn't pre booked with Priceline, I would have cancelled my stay after the first night and switched to another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Anne S
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Reviewed 9 July 2012

We try to get away about 4 times a year for a weekend getaway. We always return to this Radisson. The staff always go above and beyond to make our stay perfect. Not to mention, our favorite room is the King Suite. We can enjoy having dueling tvs. Did I mention the sleep number beds?! You will sleep like a baby. If you are in Orlando, you should definitely give them a call.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BasingerGirl
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you for your Valuable Review. On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson International Drive we thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 7 July 2012

This is the radisson on internation drive. The rooms are huge and and the bathroom is too. The towels are rough and dated and the shower curtain lets water leak out. Pillows are too squishy. The rugs in room need cleaning. Aside from that the place has free parking,breakfast buffet for five dollars, the rooms are very clean. My room had a refrigerator, king bed sleep number bed, sofa w/ sleeper, microwave and coffee maker. Housekeeping takes long to bring needed called for items.
over all it was a good stay but cannot say great but a good decent clean facility. Free wifi works perfect.

Room Tip: Lots of places to eat and entertainment. Good location.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

We stayed for 11 days at the end of June and we would definetely recommend it. The room was spacious and clean, fridge. microwave and iron a plus. The location is great, plenty of places to eat and things to do within walking distance. Just across the road there's a fish restaurant, two steak houses and a very good pub which also serves food. Outlets and all the parks only a short drive away, you can also take the shuttle from the hotel. the only downside is the noise from neighbours, depending on who is staying next to you but that could happen anywhere. We were lucky though. The hot tub, not a spa, is used as a kiddies pool, didn't go near it.
I had read some bad reviews before we travelled and was a bit nervous, however, you always get people who complain about everything and expect to pay for a 3 star hotel and get the services of a 5 star.It is simple, clean, very comfortable beds, extra friendly and with staff more professional than some staff I've met in several 5 star hotels. 11 nights plus car for 1300$, you cannot beat that.

Room Tip: non connecting rooms are quieter and if possible in a corner at the end of the corridor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank BrenPCork
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Thank you for staying with us. On behalf our entire staff at Radisson International Drive we thank you for your review and appreciate it.