Great activities range of on site for children. We particularly enjoyed the bike trail around the extensive grounds, and the "big slide" whilst not all that big (its certainly no "Plummet Summit !) did give a better thrill ride than your average pool slide, due to its better than average acceleration rate towards the end.The heated pool is warm and open 24 hours.
The only really decent capable member of staff we found at this hotel was Ben from Austraila - very on top of his job; so very kind, friendly and helpful - I hope that The Hyatt will recognise what a superb member of staff they have in this guy.
We did not have a great "first impressions" experience at this hotel - We were suposed to have a 'Lake View' room. First off, without warning they put us in a room at the back of the hotel (an entrance/drive view). When we found this out, on entering the room, we went down to complain and they said they would put us in a 'lake view' room but there would be no access to the balcony. We said fine, we weren't bothered about a balcony, but on entering our 'lake view' room they failed to mention that this section was under major rennovation, complete with builders' gantrys everwhere on this section, their ropes dangling past the windows, and a large "DO NOT ENTER" sticker posted across our window ! So this is why there was no entry to the balcony - nice of them to mention it. Another trip to reception ensued - not what you want when you first arrive at a hotel all tired with kids and waiting to unpack. We complained again as we didn't think we should expect a "building site view" - not for the money the Hyatt is charging. By this time I was dreading speaking to the receptionists - they just have that way of making you feel YOU are the problem, not the hotel ! I spoke to another receptionist - he did a half hearted look through inventory and (rather) quickly concluded there were no other rooms on the "pool view" side. So we were stuck - with nothing more than an apology offered. As we were only staying 2 days we put up with it - if it had been more I'd have booked out there and then, and although we had to contend with workmen going past our window and looking in on us each day (yes really - we are talking about The Hyatt here) we could at least console ourselves with a view of the Disney fireworks each night.
Pool side food was stone cold, and the kids breakfast (we had free adult breakfast) was expensive...especially by the time you add the tips. On reflection we should have gone 2 minutes down the road to Sizzlers $4.99 all you can eat breakfast, and still would have been better off paying for 4 breakfasts there !
The $33 daily compulsory resort & self parking fee and 18% automatic gratuity on your food & drinks ! Please don't tell me this is competative Hyatt - we stayed at the Orlando Hilton and your charges are way above those, and the staff & service were way better !
Whilst the lobby area is beautiful, if I had a child under 10 years I would not be staying here - it is a health & safety ticking timebomb. I would love to know what Safety Inspector approved this building's design - it is so easy for an inquisitive/unattended child to climb up & fall over the railings of open plan walkways, which look down from great height into the open lobby below. Right up to the 15th floor, there is one heck of an open drop - it gave me the shudders everytime we walked past this section, even though my kids are 11 and 14 years old ! What madness for a hotel design within such a prime family holiday area ?
In conclusion we spent 2 days at the Orlando Hilton at the start of our trip and I was so upset with our treatment and being nickeled & dimed that I wished that I had rebooked to go there instead.We won't be returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover one of Orlando's most inviting escapes, Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. The outstanding array of resort amenities filling our resort creates an amazing retreat for families and business travelers, alike. Play golf and tennis, swim, sail, or treat yourself to a massage. Savor a meal prepared by our renowned chefs – cuisine ranges from authentic southwestern fare to fresh sushi and a sumptuous American buffet breakfast daily. Our family-friendly resort offers an ideal location adjacent to Disney World – kids of all ages will love exploring area attractions. When it comes time to relax, return to our resort, where you always find legendary Hyatt service and smiling staff waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Alpha Holidays Limited, Expedia, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Grand Cypress
- Grand Hyatt Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Hotel Orlando
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Orlando, Florida