“Best in Orlando, Improved hotel, but needs a nicer door person”

Ranked #32 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We have stayed in this hotel many times. It was recenly upgraded and the rooms look very good and more modern that the previous florida/key west decoration.

It has a great restaurant, Hemingways, where you get gourmet food and magnificent service. The property is very nice, it has 3 pools, one heated; it also offers bikes, ping pong table, rock climbing and boats.

Breakfast buffet at Cascades is very good, with a wide variety of offerings.

The only compaints are that I was not able to sail in the lake, since they did not have a power boat to assist guests. I have been able to sail every time we visited in the past so this was dissappointing.

The gym is small and there was a line to use the treadmills, and some family had a child using the exercise equipment, and last but most important, they have a very unpleasant doorman by the name of Dave, who is very rude to guests if you do not let him take care of your suitcases, since he only cares about his tip.

Other than these 3 areas, it is the best hotel in Orlando. is right next to Disneyworld and centrally located regarding restaurants, highways and even the premium outlets.

I must clarify that I brought up most of my complaints to one of the managers who was extremely nice and professional, and took out the resort charges without us asking.

It is unfortunate that I had to deal with the rude doorman after I spoke with the manager, and not before, so I could have mentioned to him. Even worst, I had had the same negative experience with the same doorman a couple of times before during previous stays.

Just remember to self-park so you do not have to deal with any staff who is not prepared and willing to be respectful and polite with guests

Room Tip: Rooms with Lake view are very nice
6  Thank marplalatino

Reviewed 23 February 2012

My wife and son (22 months) just stayed at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress for our fourth time this past holiday weekend. As always, we are amazed at the value you get for staying at this hotel compared to some of the comparable Disney hotels (Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian). The room was really big, clean and they have all been recently updated.

The staff always makes you feel welcome (don't forget to have your champagne when you check in) and the grounds are beautiful. They seem to have a lot more property than many of the other resorts, and with multiple pools, bicycles, pitch and putt golf, and many other activities, we ended up staying at the resort for two of the days.

The only negatives I can think of - and they aren't so horrible - is the self-parking lot is a hike from the hotel and you need to be careful about when the servers add gratuity to your bill.

Even saying that, I will continue to stay here as I find it one of the best deals in Orlando.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that faces the Disney Parks. You will be able to see the fireworks over EPCOT and...
2  Thank born2travel1968
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. A welcoming staff sets the tone for what will become a great stay ! We strive to provide attentive service so our guests feel comfortable and relaxed. When it comes to value, the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress is hard to beat. We offer 1500 acres with world class golf and tennis facilities along with plenty of outdoor activities for the entire family. Our rates are very competitive with much more to choose from here at the resort. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you return soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I loved this hotel!!!I wish I could have stayed longer to enjoy everything this resort offers!!!!The hotel is beautifully landscaped,the pool area is amazing,the staff is one of the nicest I`ve ever met.
We had breakfast included in our package,and it was marvelous.The plain yogurt itself was worth coming.
My only complaint is the dry wall in the bathroom ,it was so thin that I could heard my next door neighboor sneezing,talking,laughing and so on!!!

Room Tip: Atay at least 4 nights ,in order to enjoy this fantastic resort!!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Liylly
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I viewed several great reviews of this hotel before staying and was looking forward to the visit. The actual visit exceeded my expectations on every level. As we drove into the resort, we were greeted by attractive and immaculately groomed grounds. Then at check-in the we were met warmly with champagne and lots of information to help us get up to speed quickly at such a large complex. The room was very nice with a couch and desk so you didn't just have a bed or two in the room. The "odd" closet/bathroom door didn't bother me at all. We went to the parks on the free shuttle, which was on time every day, but I would have liked to stay at the hotel to enjoy the lake, pool, golf, hot tubes, boats and more. This facility has it all. It's great for families with multiple activities and pools as well as couples for a special getaway. I can't imagine a nicer facility in Orlando anywhere.

Room Tip: Get one that overlooks the pool and the Disney fireworks.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PJGer

Thank you for choosing our resort and letting the Trip Advisor readers know that you had a wonderful time. Our groomed grounds and all public areas are maintained 24 hours a day. All of the activities we have to offer can certainly keep you busy and relaxed for an entire vacation although when choosing to head off to a local theme park, our complimentary morning shuttle service might just be what some guests are looking for. We hope you recommend us to your family and friends. It is truly appreciated.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights in February. The place was great. The grounds are beautifully kept. The lobby/atrium is large, bright and has great water elements. It is an older resort, however; they have worked hard on bringing it to a modern facility. The rooms were very nice. Great views. The bed, couch, desk, coffee table were all very nice. The bathroom was one of the best I have ever seen in a motel (I travel a lot). The facilities were top notch. The pools are large and they offer both children area and adult only area. The fitness center was average for a facility like this. They offer a free 9 hole par three pitch and putt, bicycles, row boats and paddle boats. There are a couple for resturants - however we did not dine at either.

This is an excellent place for couples or families with kids. Plenty to do. Paid $75 via priceline. There is an additional $22 resort fee (very typical for this area). We will return again!

2  Thank tonyvtravels
HeeBee4, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

We are glad to read that you truly enjoyed our recently renovated rooms. Also enjoying our top notch facilities rounded out to a very nice stay with us. Next time, try our restaurants with new and exciting menus. We hope to see you soon.