Hilton Orlando
Avanti International Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$143
Official Hotel
  • Pool
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$188
US$179
US$418
US$321
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$253
US$208
Cancelon
5,643 results
All reviewslazy riverconvention centerthe executive loungedavid's clubpool areagreat hotelcovered walkwayfire pitquiet pooladult poolbasketball courtself parkinginternational driveresort feeattending a conferencegreat poolsea world
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Beautiful hotel, beautiifully decorated, the grounds are beautiful, loved the lazy river pool, the breakfast buffett was excellent (a little expensive), several restaurants. Only complaint is that we were at a convention at the convention center and it was a very long walk to the building our convention center was in.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank jtfranco
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We ended up staying here even after the reservation snafu I wrote about earlier. It turns out that the Hilton was not as bad as Loews hotel at Universal who held onto over $440 for over two weeks after we cancelled (well w/in given timeframe)! I had to contact executive office or I’d probably still be waiting. Again – my advice is not to use debit card.

PROS:

We had a great stay. The pool area is impressive. We had the place to ourselves so I imagine it’s chaotic during peak season (occupancy was around 25%). The lazy river was fun (be warned, your hair will get wet!). No charge for tubes. Fun slide for big kids. There is quiet pool, fire pits and cabanas available for rental. And a basketball court. I was happy to send my husband and kids to Universal and hang out at the pool all day.

It was nice to have the pool to ourselves but pool bar closed early and only had wait service on w/e. TIP – they do unlimited soda refills and will bring a pitcher so you don’t run out.

We had a Parlor suite which has one big room w/ attached 2-queen guest room. This is ideal for family of 4 or larger or anyone wanting to spread out. The closets and bathrooms (1 sink, shower/tub combos) are tiny so we were happy to have two of each. The suite room had full-size couch/sleeper, 52-inch HDTV, desk, two easy chairs and a large dining table. Suite had small frig, no frig in regular room. No robes in room but they’ll provide upon request.

Ate twice at David’s – very good food and service. The mussels and Wagyu burgers were yummy and if you like a Reuben, try the pork belly Reuben.

CONS:

No major complaints. It is a giant hotel that caters to business/convention travelers so don’t expect personalized service. I mentioned it was my husband’s birthday and not a peep. Son became violently ill one night and the room was not cleaned until after 5 pm next day when they knew we had to strip linens and use most of the towels to clean up. No follow up from staff.

Housekeeping will not change your sheets unless you remember to put a card on your pillow. The same goes for towels – have to put on floor or they won’t change out.

Easy self-parking ($) back side of hotel but they wouldn’t let us use their luggage carts so we had to carry everything in ourselves.

The breakfast buffet was average – no cook-to-order stations. They said the lack of fresh items was due to low occupancy.

We go to Orlando twice a year and will likely stay here again for pool area, location, food quality and comfort of suite.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Melwyjak
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Melwyjak, thank you for your comments about your experience at our hotel. We were delighted to see that you enjoy your stay and especially liked our rooms, pool area and restaurants. You can be assured that our focus is on all our guests no matter their reason for staying with us. We are sorry to hear your son was ill and that you were not pleased with the service in your room. We are encouraged to see that you want to return and are very appreciative of your recommendation.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed here for only one night, but we enjoyed the pool/spa, lazy river, and fire pits. Enjoyed a HUGE mojito pitcher from the pool bar, even though it was cloudy and a bit chilly during our stay. Loved the mix your own trail mix counter inside the sundry/snack shop. We experienced great customer service and overall had a wonderful stay. Very convenient to all the action on I-drive, as well as SR 528.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PSLtraveler

PSLtraveler, you certainly got a lot in during your one night stay! Thanks for writing about your time with us and letting everyone know about your perspective. We appreciate your review and your comments about our service, pool area, snack offerings, and convenient location. We hope you can stay with us again on your next trip to Orlando. Thank you!

Reviewed 10 March 2012

I was here for 2 nights, and as a Hilton Diamond member I didn't want to leave. The hotel is in prime location for all of the excitement on International Drive (the strip) in Orlando. The restaurant food was excellent and service in all area was great! I will definitely return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank HI_96761
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

AZGUY99 - Thank you for your comments and ratings! We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Great hotel; beautiful landscaping. The grounds and pool facilities are the best part of the hotel. I loved the gym and outdoor jogging track, as well as the fire pits located out by the pool. It’s a great place to read or have a drink. I had a room right off the elevator and was expecting to hear lots of noise but I was pleasantly surprised at how quiet it was considering the hotel was very busy for NBA All-Star Weekend.

Overall, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The only negative were the wait times for room service. I waited 45 minutes or longer each time for room service when I was ordering a burger or chicken dish. I asked the room service attendant on the phone when ordering if she could leave the burger in my room so I could take a quick swim and shower before I ate having worked all day. She impatiently said no I had to be in the room when they came or I would not be served, I was a little put off by this but I waited an hour for my burger.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Stephanie P
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2012

Stephanie P - Thank you for writing about our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed you stay with us and got to see all the excitement at the hotel surrounding the NBA Allstar Weekend. We are very concerned about the experience you described with our in-room dining service. We have forwarded your comments to our food & beverage management team for their review. We appreciate the feedback and your ratings and overall review.