“fantastic experience- wonderful staff”
Review of Hilton Orlando

Hilton Orlando
Ranked #54 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My husband, adult daughter and I stayed at the Hilton Orlando for a four night stay in conjunction with a conference my husband was attending. I called with a few questions and Joanne in the general manager's office was so helpful!! When we checked in (the process was painless due to the exceptional help of Josh K.) we found out that we had been upgraded to a suite. It made the stay so enjoyable! The rooms were great- we had a king bedroom and a livingroom (which my daughter used as her bedroom with a rollaway). We were on a low floor with no view but that was the price to pay for the extra room (so worth it to get two bathrooms)!
The executive lounge is a great deal- we ended up having the provided snacks as our dinner several evenings!
We enjoyed the pool- lots of towels, chairs and umbrellas. My daughter and husband floated down the lazy river and even used the slide!
My husband used the gym several times and said it was very well-equipped.
The most important component was the exceptional staff. We travel quite a bit and stay in many hotels--- the staff here was truly exceptional- very helpful and always smiling.

Room Tip: Access to the executive lounge is really nice- and includes breakfast, a light dinner and desserts
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank sle3364
The_Hilton_Orlando, Manager at Hilton Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

sle3364, great news! We are very happy to hear about your experience. We will let the team members you mentioned know how much you appreciated their efforts. Thank you for your comments and for staying with us. It seems that your family was able to really make the most of your "business trip."

Write a ReviewReviews (5,376)

Reviewed 2 March 2012

I assume most people staying here are on business and have something to do with the convention center, but for the parks (Literally blocks from Sea World) and shopping it is really in the middle of everything (even if the vacant land surrounding the property seems to suggest otherwise. The rooms are very nicely appointed, there must be four or five restaurants on the premises, a really nice pool and a separate adults-only pool, and nice decor throughout the property.

If you want to park it is $13 a day to self-park or, I think, $20 for valet which seems very slow when they are full. Of course they charge you for the internet, but I guess that is pretty common. All in all a great place to stay, but only if you get a great deal or have to stay there for business.

We did have problems with maid service in that they never came to the room. We called about this and were told they could have someone there at 9pm--forget that!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HolaGatitos

HolaGatitos - thank you for staying at our hotel and for recognizing the convenience of our location and quality of our amenities. The parking and internet charges are about the same as other hotels in our area and Hilton in general. We are so sorry to hear about your experience with housekeeping and can assure you this is not the standard at our hotel. Thank you for your constructive feedback.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Great location, right across from Downtown Disney! The hotel needs updating! I stayed in a suite on the 9th floor, it was noisy, paint was peeling from the ceiling in the bathroom, the walls were dirty, and my room was cleaned once during my 3 night stay. On my next visit to Disney World, I will not be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Loved it! Great, friendly service, amazing pool and lazy river! Perfect!

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Mainenh

Mainenh - Thank you!

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Maybe I spend to much time in Asia were the service is spectacular but this hotel just does not cut it in the area. The location is great if you are going to the exhibition centre , which I was. The rooms are a good size. Being a HH member this allows me access o the club and that is a joke. I guess my real issue with this hotel is the lack of food outlets ( considering if you do not have a car the hotel is isolated ) and then the lack of service within. After walking out of the main and only restaurant basically open at night ( I (female ) was left waiting on my own for 15 mins ) I decided to order room service and that wait was an hour. This hotel caters to the conference groups but in no way is it set up for such. I continue to stay due to the location but wish there was something else better within walking distance. Pity as not a reflection of the Hilton Brand.

Room Tip: As this hotel is really located next to the exhibition centre they are much of a muchness.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank janwholeboxndice

janwholeboxndice, thank you for taking a moment to write about your experience. We are disappointed to hear about your experience at our hotel. We do not often hear this type of feedback and certainly appreciate your comments. We have six food options for our guests during dinner hours and our steakhouse is typically closed Sunday and Mondays. There are many restaurant choices within a mile of hotel and can be reached by walking or a short cab ride. We are sorry if you felt that these options didn't meet your needs and any delay you may have experienced with our in room dining service. We do have a lot of group guests but our focus is on all our guests and their individual needs no matter the reason for their visit. We have been in competition for the number one spot for best guest satisfaction with other similarly classified Hilton hotels since we opened and won it in 2010. We hope that on your next stay you will have the type of experience that you are expecting and you will allow us to try and change your mind about our hotel.