Great service and hospitality! When we checked in the hotel, our room was still occupied so we were upgraded to a nicer room. I appreciate their efficiency in correcting this issue :) Nina was awesome! More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
Great service and hospitality! When we checked in the hotel, our room was still occupied so we were upgraded to a nicer room. I appreciate their efficiency in correcting this issue :) Nina was awesome! MoreShow less
Thank you for the recent feedback on your stay with us. I was happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel. The staff and I look forward to a return trip and being able to have the chance to be your "Home away from Home" while in the Orlando area.
We recently stayed at the Marriott Orlando Downtown and from the moment we pulled up we were taken care of. Valet was super helpful with unloading of our bags. Check in was great as we only waited maybe 5 minutes to be helped. We checked into the hotel around 4 on a Friday afternoon.
The location of this hotel was great as we were with in walking distance to so many things downtown.
Thank you for the recent post and feedback on your stay with us at the Marriott Orlando Downtown Hotel. It sounds like you had a great time while here in Orlando and the staff and I were happy to be a part of it. Safe travels and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
This hotel was recently remodeled and it is beautiful. We were upgraded to a 12th floor corner room and it was really spacious, clean and bright . Can’t say enough about how I enjoyed this room and wished we could have stayed longer . There is also a very nice bar in the lobby with a great drink selection. This is our new go to hotel in Orlando.
Thank you for the recent post about your experience at the Marriott Orlando Downtown Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the updated décor within the hotel and saw that you got to stay in one of our Executive Corner King Rooms. Those are great and one of my favorite rooms in the Hotel. Hopefully the staff made you feel welcomed and we all will look forward to seeing you back for future stays.
If I can assist you personally for any future stays and requests, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and to our hotel.
My daughter and I stayed in the downtown Marriot because it was walking distance to downtown Orlando. The room was typical over the top Marriot quality of course. The “M” Club was 1st rate. I’d recommend this hotel to anyone that want luxury.
Thanks for the great feedback and post about your recent stay at our hotel. The staff and I were happy that you enjoyed it and we look forward to hosting you back soon. Safe Travels.
I stayed at the Marriott Orlando Downtown recently during a business trip. This is a great lodging choice if you have obligations downtown.
1. Especially friendly staff. I had warm conversations with two staff members in particular, Kenny at the Shade bar, and Samuel, one of the cooks. But all staff members, from the valets at the front door to the chambermaid working our floor were incredibly nice.
2. The M Club, recently moved to ground level, is super. Excellent food and beverage options, and the layout is spacious and classy.
3. Small detail, but I like the new bathroom mirrors Marriott is installing, with illuminated borders. Basically a giant makeup mirror.
Lowlights and small nits:
1. The Fitness Center was a disappointment. Not well tended, and lacking some common sense items. When I checked it out on arrival in the early evening, somebody had made a real mess--towel on the floor, dumbbells scattered about, trash on the counter, and other equipment not put away. When I went down for my workout about 6 am the next morning, it was exactly the same. I ended up cleaning much of it up myself (except the heavy weights on the floor). The infused water was from the day before, with waterlogged fruit.
For the space, they could have more equipment in there--the layout is poorly thought out. There is one lonely small workout mat for floor work, and no obvious place to store it, though it has holes for wall pegs to hang it up.
2. The shower and bathroom design was also sub-par. Showers are low flow, which means a widely dispersed spray of thin, needle-like streams. I could hold my hand in the water flow and it would remain dry. The small wall-mounted metal soap dish is perfectly positioned to crack your elbow when you are shampooing your hair. The lack of shower shelving means that most of your shower stuff will be on the floor. And in spite of the encouragement to hang up and reuse your towels, there is only one hook to do so, and no place for washcloth or hand towels. The shower would not remain either completely closed or completely open for some reason--something about the rollers on the door.
3. The door to the hallway lacks a draft guard, so quite a lot of light comes in from the hallway at night under the door.
Note: this Marriott is in what used to be a rather dangerous section of town, west of the I-4. UCF has purchased a lot of land behind and around it, and at the time of our stay was putting up three very large buildings, including a new campus and student housing. The neighborhood to the west of this construction remains poor, and relatively dangerous. So if you are a runner or a walker, do your urban exploration to the east, toward the downtown, especially at night.
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and to our Hotel. I have passed on the information above which you pointed out as areas of opportunities to enhance the hotel for our guests. We have already begun working on them. I also want to thank you for the feedback on the area. This is a new and upcoming area within Downtown Orlando. The hotel is part of the Historic Parramore Community and coming this fall will be 7,000 Valencia and UCF Students, which will enhance and add to the areas rich history. IN the Downtown Area, we have many areas to run and get exercise, and I would personally recommend the Path around Lake Eola, as it is one of the nicest areas within a downtown area.
The staff and I look forward to a return trip and to welcome you back.
This one of the best managed and maintained Marriott properties that I have ever stayed at. Hotel is clean, staff is friendly, a variety of foods and drinks/coffee are available in the concierge lounge, valet staff is quick to bring your car, and the gym is well maintained.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your stay with us at the Marriott Orlando Downtown Hotel. The staff works very hard to insure our guests have a great experience and are allowed to 'Travel Brilliantly". I would like to thank you for your loyalty to Marriott and to our Hotel. On future trips, if I can assist you, please feel free to contact me directly. Safe travels.