“Fantastic stay... I want to go back!”
Review of Rosen Centre Hotel

Rosen Centre Hotel
Ranked #139 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 6 January 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for 6 nights at the end if September and it was fantastic!

The purpose of the trip was business at the convention centre across the road (via a very convenient skywalk so i didn't even have to walk on the road) but we squeezed in time to take in both universal studios and Walt Disney World which wasn't too far away (driving distance). The hotel itself is on International Drive and is a pleasant (30 min) walk to Point Orlando, or you can just take the I-Ride Trolley. The Lynx Bus station to both the airport and Disney is only a few minutes walk away from the hotel, so public transportation was easily accessible.

The hotel itself was huge.. check in was simple and easy and checkout was technically non-existent (just your bill/receipt under your door on the morning of checkout). We stayed on the 22nd floor in a pool facing room. It had a fantastic view! We even saw fireworks from Disney at night! I also loved how the room smelled... If you hate oatmeal then I'm really sorry for you because everything was very oatmeal themed, from the scented room to the massage beaded bath soap reminded me of oatmeal. The beds were very comfortable and the room came equipped with a mini fridge, a passcode secure safe, and really good free wifi!

Staff at the hotel was very pleasant and accommodating and housekeeping visited every single day without fail.. My friend slept in late every day and housekeeping woke her up everyday. Lol. It's only afterwards we realized the room didn't have a Do Not Disturb sign and we kept forgetting to call guest services for one.

The hotel also has on site dining options. We only visited Red's Deli (I wanted to try the sushi place but it always seemed closed) and their pasta was pretty good! If you're not a meat lover then the sandwiches can be a little much (thin slices of bread with so much meat inside that I couldn't bite it without making a mess). If you're looking for an alternative to buying snacks, try Walgreens next door.

The hotel pool was HUGE! And there were 2 jacuzzis located in the pool area. I didn't have time for any, but my friend thoroughly enjoyed them!

The only complaint I have was the day of checkout. Instead of a taxi, I took the hotel car to the airport. Not only was it a bit expensive, but the driver refused to help me take my luggage out of the back of the vehicle when she parked the vehicle at the drop off area at the airport. This little incident didn't ruin my entire stay in Orlando, but it was extremely disappointing.

• Stayed: September 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (3,014)

Reviewed 5 January 2013

we stayed at this hotel over xmas and new year and we had a fab time the staff are very helpful the cleaners did a great job with our room when we wanted it cleaned. the hotel was decorated beautifully with christmas decorations and our kids loved it to, would recommened to anyone thats how much we enjoyed it, the only thing they could do with is a games room for the kids

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2013

The service was excellent and location on the south end of I-Drive was perfect for us. Several restaurants, including a Red Lobster and Denny's are nearby, and a nice walk away from Pointe Orlando, with shopping and several restaurants. The hotel is older and the rooms are on the small side, but it is very well maintained and clean. Lobby and lobby bar are spacious and nice, and there are several different types of restaurants. Expect to pay hotel restaurant prices, but the breakfast buffet was good. We had excellent service at the restaurant, bar, valet and the bell stand. No complaints, and would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2013

This hotel used to be an Omni hotel, so the facilities are fine - but dated. It is a large hotel, and you must enter through a large convention space if you self-park. The pool is large, but it is flanked on one side by a chain link fence with construction dumpsters on the other side. (That sounds worse than it is, but landscaping is poor. I'm certain the dumpsters are temporary because they were redoing the convention space.) The coffee pot is strange (not a Keurig), and I remember that I wasn't impressed with the small flat panel TV.

Interestingly, a friend was staying at the Rosen property (Rosen Plaza) at the other end of the convention center. (Rosen properties flank either side of the convention center.) The Rosen Plaza is cheaper, but the rooms looked nearly identical. The Rosen Plaza also had a better location because it was easier to walk to Pointe Orlando and its shops and restaurants.

This hotel is fine if you are at an event at the convention center or if you don't plan to spend much time on the property. I spent the day in Disney, so my time at a hotel was less important. If I planned on spending time at a pool, I would go with a more resort-oriented property or the Peabody across the street. I had stayed at the Peabody years and years ago, and I wasn't impressed with it. However, I learned on this trip that the Peabody had been updated since my last stay. Had I known that, I would have booked it instead. In fact, I would recommend the Peabody over the Rosen if you are willing to spend a bit more but like the location of the Rosen on International drive.

Staff were friendly and nice. I would normally go to the exercise center, but I didn't make it on this trip. So, I don't know what it was like.

I would recommend paying a bit more and staying somewhere more interesting. This hotel, though, was fine for the price.

Room Tip: Bring a roller board if you are going to self-park because it is a long walk to registration and to...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank David&Buster
Reviewed 3 January 2013

The treatment was Aweful... Well first of all my grandma is disabled and one of our friends staying with us had virtago so we called twice before checking in and was assured we would have low level accommodation, we arrived after a 10 hour flight to find that the spa and gift shop were closed, the indoor pool didnt and kids games room didnt exsist they were at their sister hotel the rosen plaza plus we were booked on the 16th floor as they had booked in a dogs convention a week before our stay and none of the rooms had been cleaned!!!!! We then we waited for about 2 hrs before being moved to the14th floor for 2 days, the room that i was staying in had a integrated fridge which was making all kinds of knocking noise at all hours of the day, my mother finally had a maintinence man in the room at midnight trying to fix it, when he couldnt fix it she was was so annoyed he called a manager who offered us to move to shingle creek (another hotel) my mother explained that this was impossible as we had 2 disabled persons travelling with us and the move would be very difficult. The next day we finally got a call from carrie (another manager) to inform us that we could be moved to the 2nd floor. On 1 occassion my grandma got flu and was feeling cold so we put the heating on up to 80 degrees, my mother took me to epcot for the day so that she could rest, when we returned in the evening she bought me a burger at the bar, she tried charging it to the room but the barman said it wouldnt go through, having had a long day my mother then said dont worry heres the cash, so paid and tipped, we then after a couple of hours went back to the room only to discover that we were locked out with a note on the door stating, contact the hotel manager, we then went down to reception where a manager called brian came out and introduced himself, he then took us upstairs in the staff elevators to our room as if we had done something wrong, firstly he began (with a school headmaster attitude) to lecture us regarding an unpaid bar tab??? he then went on to let us into our room and walk around accusing us of someone smoking in the room????? my mother had few words with him and stated we had been out all day and my grandma does not smoke!!!! As for the bar tab it was bloody well paid and how dare he accuse her of not paying it! He promptly stated he will look into everything and call us in the room within 60 minutes, when she had not heard anything after 2 hours she and myself went down to reception to be told my brian that he had been too busy to call us and that he has checked with the bar and discovered that we had in fact paid in cash, also that he was going to inform the security manager that the vents needs to be checked as they kick out dust and u can smell burning when they are switched on, all we got was an appology!!!!! New years eve we had a meal with friends from the local area in one of the hotels restaurant and spent around $170 on our meals, we were then showed the bar and had our complimentary glass of champange to toast in the new year. my mother had order extra drinks and tipped $2 on a $24 bill, she usually had a glass of wine or 2 within the bar during the week and tipped $1 on each of the glasses of wine she had priced at $8.50 glass of wine, not brought to thr table but served at the bar, on new year she asked my grandma if she would order her more drinks, we waited and on 3 different occasions my grandma asked for the drinks, the waitress then came up to my grandma and stated, "i am not serving you as you did not tip me enough, its 18% plus so go to the bar!!! We lived in st cloud and were florida residents for over 6 years, we have stayed at various different hotels throughout the states and this has to be the worst treatment we have ever had the misfortunte to recieve! It ruined our christmas and holiday visiting friends. After all this my family and friends have decided never to set foot in the rosen center hotel again!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple