3,297 results
All reviewsconvention centerred's delieverglades restaurantinternational driveself parkingred lobsterattending a conferencepointe orlandolarge hoteltrade showconvenience storehigh floorlobby barmini fridgelarge poolsea worldpool area is
Reviewed 5 January 2013

we stayed at this hotel over xmas and new year and we had a fab time the staff are very helpful the cleaners did a great job with our room when we wanted it cleaned. the hotel was decorated beautifully with christmas decorations and our kids loved it to, would recommened to anyone thats how much we enjoyed it, the only thing they could do with is a games room for the kids

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2013

The service was excellent and location on the south end of I-Drive was perfect for us. Several restaurants, including a Red Lobster and Denny's are nearby, and a nice walk away from Pointe Orlando, with shopping and several restaurants. The hotel is older and the rooms are on the small side, but it is very well maintained and clean. Lobby and lobby bar are spacious and nice, and there are several different types of restaurants. Expect to pay hotel restaurant prices, but the breakfast buffet was good. We had excellent service at the restaurant, bar, valet and the bell stand. No complaints, and would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 January 2013

This hotel used to be an Omni hotel, so the facilities are fine - but dated. It is a large hotel, and you must enter through a large convention space if you self-park. The pool is large, but it is flanked on one side by a chain link fence with construction dumpsters on the other side. (That sounds worse than it is, but landscaping is poor. I'm certain the dumpsters are temporary because they were redoing the convention space.) The coffee pot is strange (not a Keurig), and I remember that I wasn't impressed with the small flat panel TV.

Interestingly, a friend was staying at the Rosen property (Rosen Plaza) at the other end of the convention center. (Rosen properties flank either side of the convention center.) The Rosen Plaza is cheaper, but the rooms looked nearly identical. The Rosen Plaza also had a better location because it was easier to walk to Pointe Orlando and its shops and restaurants.

This hotel is fine if you are at an event at the convention center or if you don't plan to spend much time on the property. I spent the day in Disney, so my time at a hotel was less important. If I planned on spending time at a pool, I would go with a more resort-oriented property or the Peabody across the street. I had stayed at the Peabody years and years ago, and I wasn't impressed with it. However, I learned on this trip that the Peabody had been updated since my last stay. Had I known that, I would have booked it instead. In fact, I would recommend the Peabody over the Rosen if you are willing to spend a bit more but like the location of the Rosen on International drive.

Staff were friendly and nice. I would normally go to the exercise center, but I didn't make it on this trip. So, I don't know what it was like.

I would recommend paying a bit more and staying somewhere more interesting. This hotel, though, was fine for the price.

Room Tip: Bring a roller board if you are going to self-park because it is a long walk to registration and to the room elevators.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank FarAway802821
Reviewed 3 January 2013

The treatment was Aweful... Well first of all my grandma is disabled and one of our friends staying with us had virtago so we called twice before checking in and was assured we would have low level accommodation, we arrived after a 10 hour flight to find that the spa and gift shop were closed, the indoor pool didnt and kids games room didnt exsist they were at their sister hotel the rosen plaza plus we were booked on the 16th floor as they had booked in a dogs convention a week before our stay and none of the rooms had been cleaned!!!!! We then we waited for about 2 hrs before being moved to the14th floor for 2 days, the room that i was staying in had a integrated fridge which was making all kinds of knocking noise at all hours of the day, my mother finally had a maintinence man in the room at midnight trying to fix it, when he couldnt fix it she was was so annoyed he called a manager who offered us to move to shingle creek (another hotel) my mother explained that this was impossible as we had 2 disabled persons travelling with us and the move would be very difficult. The next day we finally got a call from carrie (another manager) to inform us that we could be moved to the 2nd floor. On 1 occassion my grandma got flu and was feeling cold so we put the heating on up to 80 degrees, my mother took me to epcot for the day so that she could rest, when we returned in the evening she bought me a burger at the bar, she tried charging it to the room but the barman said it wouldnt go through, having had a long day my mother then said dont worry heres the cash, so paid and tipped, we then after a couple of hours went back to the room only to discover that we were locked out with a note on the door stating, contact the hotel manager, we then went down to reception where a manager called brian came out and introduced himself, he then took us upstairs in the staff elevators to our room as if we had done something wrong, firstly he began (with a school headmaster attitude) to lecture us regarding an unpaid bar tab??? he then went on to let us into our room and walk around accusing us of someone smoking in the room????? my mother had few words with him and stated we had been out all day and my grandma does not smoke!!!! As for the bar tab it was bloody well paid and how dare he accuse her of not paying it! He promptly stated he will look into everything and call us in the room within 60 minutes, when she had not heard anything after 2 hours she and myself went down to reception to be told my brian that he had been too busy to call us and that he has checked with the bar and discovered that we had in fact paid in cash, also that he was going to inform the security manager that the vents needs to be checked as they kick out dust and u can smell burning when they are switched on, all we got was an appology!!!!! New years eve we had a meal with friends from the local area in one of the hotels restaurant and spent around $170 on our meals, we were then showed the bar and had our complimentary glass of champange to toast in the new year. my mother had order extra drinks and tipped $2 on a $24 bill, she usually had a glass of wine or 2 within the bar during the week and tipped $1 on each of the glasses of wine she had priced at $8.50 glass of wine, not brought to thr table but served at the bar, on new year she asked my grandma if she would order her more drinks, we waited and on 3 different occasions my grandma asked for the drinks, the waitress then came up to my grandma and stated, "i am not serving you as you did not tip me enough, its 18% plus so go to the bar!!! We lived in st cloud and were florida residents for over 6 years, we have stayed at various different hotels throughout the states and this has to be the worst treatment we have ever had the misfortunte to recieve! It ruined our christmas and holiday visiting friends. After all this my family and friends have decided never to set foot in the rosen center hotel again!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alice R
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I honestly don't know why this hotel doesn't get top marks.

Bit of background - I have stayed here on several occasions with my parents when I was younger and loved the hotel every time we went. Now I have a family of my own, husband and 18m old daughter, who have never been to Orlando.

The Rosen Centre was my first choice when we were looking to book a hotel based on my excellent past experiences. I did not think that it would be so reasonably priced and within our budget (didn't have one as such - just didn't want a basic Quality Inn type place (just my opinion - I know it gets some good reviews - just not for me) and didn't want to pay thousands for accomodation alone).

The location is fantastic - it is towards the southern end of I Drive within the Convention Centre area, so for this reason is popular with business people and those visiting the conventions. The area is quiet and nicely spread out.

We were very lucky and managed to get complimentary parking and a crib/cot for our daughter for our duration. Some people complain about the walk from the self parking garage to the lobby/elevators but really it is 5 minutes down a big hallway with the ballrooms etc on either side.

The pool area is lovely - we went in November and it was warm enough to swim in as it is heated. The two hot tubs were lovely and relaxing. It was always quiet round the pool.

We didn't really eat in any of the restaurants/cafes - there is a Starbucks, sushi bar (only seemed to be open Fri-Sun), 24 hour deli with drinks, snacks, sandwiches, pizza, pasta etc, a la carte restaurant and more informal restaurant.

We had one meal at the hotel which was the lavish Thanksgiving buffet in Cafe Gauguin, which we had reserved in advance. It was that busy they opened the internal doors to the a la carte restaurant and we were seated in this area. There was so much choice and what we ate we really enjoyed. We did feel, however, that at just over $100 (including a mandatory tip of 18% they automatically added) for two adults (our infant ate free) it wasn't exactly cheap to say it was a buffet. I guess it was just a premium being Thanksgiving.

The room - we were very pleased with our room. I had e-mailed ahead to request a high floor overlooking Sea World which is exactly what we got - 22nd floor - the highest floor containing normal deluxe rooms - floors 23 and 24 are the Suites. We had two Queen beds, desk, armchair, flat screen tv, fridge (this was a godsend to keep our daughter's milk in), plus the usual wardrobe in the vanity area and full separate shower over bath in the bathroom.

The staff were all very friendly and all doted on our daughter. I also liked the fact that the hotel's wifi is now free throughout the hotel and in rooms. Yes it did lose connection every so often but you just reconnected, no problems there. We also found it very clean everywhere and I don't agree with some reviews that some areas were in need of refurb. Whilst we were there, in fact, they redecorated a whole hallway area outside the ballrooms near the exit to the self parking garage - even though there was nothing wrong with the decor in the first place!

Although we did not use this as we had a car, the hotel offered courtesy transportation through concierge to/from the Universal Parks and Sea World.

All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and hope to stay there again on our next trip to Orlando in a few years time.

Room Tip: E-mail in advance to request a room. We had a high floor which gave a good view over Sea World. I would avoid low floors as some may have views just of the roof to the convention area.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family