3,324 results
All reviews convention center red's deli everglades restaurant international drive self parking red lobster attending a conference pointe orlando large hotel trade show convenience store high floor lobby bar mini fridge large pool sea world pool area is
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Lovely, clean hotel, rooms large & air conditioned. I stayed on 7th floor with fab views over towards 'Aquatica & Seaworld'. Lots going on as near to conference centre, so used by conference attendees. This was not a problem for us. Ideal location on International Drive for the trolley bus and getting to fun parks, shops, dining places etc etc. would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Floor 7 or higher for good views
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank heather W
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Very unusual in that nearly all of the rooms are configured with 2 double beds as opposed to queens or a King and couch combination. This configuration does not work well with a kid or two in tow. The beds were very comfortable however and the AC fan was reasonably quiet relative to most hotel rooms. Checking in, from the moment we drove up, through getting our room key was less than satisfactory. The staff seemed to just go thru the emotions with no enthusiasm whatsoever. Not a very favorable first impression. Thereafter things got better and we did enjoy our stay. The best part of this hotel was its proximity to the OCCC. and for that reason we would definitely consider staying here again.... but would bring an air mattress or 2 for the kids.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank kdrisc57
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback and we would love the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Recently enjoyed a 5 night stay while attending a conference. I found staff to be super friendly and extremely helpful my entire stay. The room was clean and more than adequate - 2 double beds, desk, safe, mini fridge, flat screen tv, closet. The bathroom setup is a bit awkward with the sink being located outside of the actual bathroom, but in the grand scheme of things wasn't a huge deal. The bed was comfortable; for those who prefer a soft pillow - bring yours from home. Highly recommend the buffet restaurant for a reasonably priced all you can eat dinner buffet which includes a soup/salad bar, several hot dishes to choose from and a dessert bar. The Deli is fantastic! The lines can get long during the breakfast and lunch rushes but they have just about everything from already prepared sandwiches (highly recommend chicken salad on a croissant - fabulous!), salads, fresh fruit and yogurt to cheese steaks, meatball sandwiches and pizza. Although they were only open on certain evenings, the Tequila/Tapas bar and the Sushi bar add flair to main level. The pool is beautiful with plenty of seating available, both in the sun and the shade. Clean towels are plentiful. The hotel is conveniently located on International Drive, within walking distance to Pointe Orlando which has a variety of shops and restaurants. Transportation to local attractions can be quite pricey; tip: instead of utilizing one of the black SUV's parked out front, ask the friendly valet staff to call you a cab which will cost you half the price. I would definitely return to Rosen Centre.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Davis3Wilmington_DE
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I stayed at the Rosen Centre Hotel as part of a convention in April 2012. The hotel is ideally located just across the street from the Orange County Convention Center on International Drive. Our group was able to walk across the street every day to get to the convention, saving taxi costs.

Check in was smooth and efficient. When I got to my room, I realized that I was right next to the vending and ice machines. I actually put my ear plugs in to check whether the noise would bother me. And it did. I finally called down to the front desk to see about getting my room changed. The woman at the front desk was very pleasant and quickly made arrangements for a new room.

My new room was actually a surprise - a junior suite. I definitely appreciated the extra gesture. My room overlooked the pool area and had a large entry with a sink vanity in the corner and a closet. The bath in this room was larger than the previous room, with a long counter to spread tolietries out on. The room also had a small sitting area with two chairs, a desk and office chair and a mini refrigerator. The king-sized bed was comfortable with ample pillows and clean bedding. The only small complaint was that the TV was on the opposite side of the sitting area, making it a bit far from the bed (but I was so tired every night, I never actually watched TV).

Overall, the room was clean and comfortable. The shower had decent water pressure and the towels were not scratchy. There was nothing overwhelming about the room but it was nice. The only other thing I should mention is that the AC is hooked up to a motion sensor. It shuts off after you leave the room and turns back on when you enter. That means the room is a bit stuffy right after you walk in the door and during the evening, it felt like it shut off while sleeping. I woke up one night and it was definitely warmer than the temperature set on the thermostat.

The bell desk staff, particularly Emilio, are very helpful. I think they are the best bell staff I've ever met. The luggage storage was packed, yet they managed to smile while efficiently processing the large amounts of luggage. They also are very helpful with package deliveries, although you do pay for the service.

The hotel also has a nice pool area but I did not get to use it. There is a large lobby bar area, which was handy for a convention. There are also a few restaurants on site. I tried Red's for lunch, a slice of pizza that was just OK. I also ate in Everglades for dinner. The filet was good and the service was outstanding. The prices for both were comparable to other hotel restaurants, meaning you will pay a bit more for the meal than if you went off-site.

The immediate area has a Walgreen's, Denny's and Red Lobster but if you walk a bit north on I-Drive, you will find some strip shopping centers with nice, upscale restaurants and shopping. I walked with a group of colleagues and it took less than 15 minutes, even in the heat.

This is a good hotel at a reasonable price, particularly for people attending an event at the Orange County Convention Center. I would return, provided the price was right.

Room Tip: If there are a large amount of children in the hotel, the rooms overlookiing the pool area will be just as noisy as those overlooking I-Drive, maybe even more so.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank lakeflyer

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again someday.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in April while attending a business conference. My standard, double room on the 22nd floor overlooking International Drive was great. I believe some rooms on the side of the hotel overlooking the pool may see the rooftop of the conference center (depends on the room). The bed was extremely comfortable and the climate control system worked well. The room was quite clean and very well maintained. I did not notice a chip or stain on anything whatsoever. My door did rattle a bit when there was activity in the hallway but not enough to bother me. A coworker in another room across the hall told me he had the same door rattle. There are express elevators to the upper floors and the housekeeping staff was very friendly. The buffet restaurant was very good and I ate there 2 nights and I should have done a 3rd. Very good salad bar, entrees and desserts. I thought the price of around $20 was quite reasonable for all you can eat. The pool area is large and was very clean The fitness center is well equipped for a hotel in my opinion and had enough machines, free weights, and cardio equipment for a good workout. I heard of two other guests who were suddenly locked out of there rooms (key card would not work). They both complained of a slow response time from security to get back in. I did not experience this issue. Just outside of the hotel there is a drugstore, a kinda grocery/souvenir store, and a McDonalds. I had everything I needed during my stay and don't have any complaints. I would have given an excellent rating if not for the extras charges for internet, parking, and use of the fitness center.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business