Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Avanti International Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$118
Official Hotel
  • Pool
Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$143
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$153
US$272
US$229
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$208
Cancelon
US$424
US$386
US$478
US$449
5,823 results
All reviewsbeignetsport orleansfood courtdowntown disneythe busriver viewsassagoula riverdisney worldcorner roomstayed in buildingdining plangift shopboat ridecast membersmoderate hoteldouble sinkstowel animals
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Having previously stayed at All Star Sports, I was looking for something less crowded and with better transportation to the parks. POFQ was the perfect choice.

The resort is fairly small and everything is relatively close to the main area with the food court and bus stops. The resort also has a boat to Downtown Disney. The bus sometimes goes to the PO Riverside resort but always goes to POFQ first. I never had a problem getting to and from the parks unlike the previous year at AStSports.

The food court is smallish but big enough and has a decent food selection. The entire resort is themed like Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Arrive at the right time and you can get beads when you come in and at night you can listen to some great jazz. You also get to share any of the amenities at the PO Riverside resort which is a 10 minute walk or short boat ride away.

My room had a view of a garden and a parking lot (3rd floor) as it was a standard room. This didn't bother me at all as the whole place is quite pretty, and I spent my time at the parks. The room had a fridge at no additional charge but wired ethernet was $9.95 a day. I think there is now free WiFi but check on that before you go.

The room amenities were good and a cut above the value resorts. As a solo traveller I had lots of room. The mousekeepers (Disney for housekeepers) gave me wonderful towel art every day. (I did tip them everyday so that probably helped, but I appreciated their care). All of the POFQ rooms were refurbished and given queen size bed before my arrival in August, 2011.

Overall I love this place.

Room Tip: Disney has lots of price grades for this resort. Check them out in advance but all rooms are good locations here. The rest is simply what you see out the window so why worry?
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Darren P
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We stayed at this resort during the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend and it provided a very pleasant stay. We were in building 4 which was very convenient as it was closest to the dining area and to the bus stop. Buses to the parks was pretty regular and we never waited too long, except on one occasion. Since it was a host hotel for the race weekend they also provided very convenient shuttle transportation to the race expo at Wide World of Sports and also to the race start.

The rooms were a good size and very clean. The bathroom had two sinks which was helpful since there were 3 of us staying in the room. The only thing that was odd was that the pillow cases seemed too small for all the pillows, so they seemed firmer than they were.

Overall, great hotel to consider for a stay at Disney!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank TravelingFairyNYC14
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My husband, our boys (1 & 5) and I, stayed here for six nights in February and we were pleasantly surprised. The resort is very nice. It is much more compact and managable than the riverside resort located next door, which my husband and I have stayed at twice before (once with children). There is only one bus stop, but I considered this a plus. The bus does not have to waste time by stopping at multiple locations and the bus stop never seemed over crowded. It is relatively close to the parks. Animal Kingdom is the farthest 15 minutes give or take, but the other parks are less than 10 minutes. The food court is okay, although riverside has more options. The boys liked the pool. It had a nice slide for our big guy and a wading pool for our little guy. Although Disney says it heats its pool to 80 F, it was always chilly. Rooms were nice with two queen sized beds and there is a curtain to seperate the sinks from the bedroom, which adds some privacy. The only thing that would make this resort better is if they added a quiet pool (and softer pillows would be nice). In comparison to other moderate resorts that we have stayed at, I was surprised to find that I preferred this resort.

Room Tip: Building 4
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Willabe
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We spent 10 nights here - on previous visits to Orlando/Disney we had hired a large townhouse and so this was the first time we stayed at a Disney resort. We wouldn't go back to a townhouse after this experience. Why? Well firstly location - we were between 5 and 15 minutes drive (or bus journey) from all of the Disney parks and the transport service was excellent. We did hire a car but didn't use it that much as the buses were so regular and convenient.
The resort itself was very pretty, it had a very friendly and laid back feel to it - it had all of the facilities you could need - and everything a very short walk away. We were in building 4 - we were on the corner on first floor level and you literally could walk of of the room, down the stairs and you were at the food court or swimming pool.
The food court is excellent (for quick service type food). Our favourites were the Mickey waffles with lots of syrup, the Oreo ice cream and the take out pizza.
The regular boat service to Downtown Disney is lovely, and we also hired the small watercraft for the kids - which they loved.
Highly recommended especially if you are lucky enough to get the free quick service disney dining plan with it, although we would upgrade to the full dining plan if we stayed here again (which is very likely).

Room Tip: We liked our first floor room in building number 4. Very close to everything.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Tracey K
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Just returned from a week at Disney's French Quarter resort at Port Orleans with my 3 grandsons ages 16,14 and 10. This was my 2nd visit at FQ but first with the kids and my 10th Disney trip in 10 years. I would strongly recommend this resort to anyone traveling to Disney with "older" kids. They had the time of their lives! Not only is the resort Disney level clean and safe, the food courts are so kid friendly, I had a hard time convincing them to eat anywhere else. The sister resort Riverside is an easy walk through beautiful grounds and offers more pools and dining options. The convenience of having both bus transport and water taxi to downtown was also great with the kids. Although it was school vacation week and the resort was " full" it never felt crowded. There were always seats at the pool and there was never a long wait at the food court. We also took advantage of the meal plan, another thing I would recommend, it is really a great deal and the kids don't have to find you to get $ anytime they want a drink or a snack. We shared a rm with 2 queen beds and it was not spacious, but comfortable. It also had a fridge. I liked the feature of being able to draw the curtain at the sink area so you could get out of the shower and have a private dressing area. The layout of the resort is great too, not too big, easy walk to the lobby, buses, pool, food. It was also very safe, when myself and the 10yo were tuckered out the older boys enjoyed the pool until midnight. When I checked on them I found the area well lit and watched closely by security...ahhh felt very comfortable letting the teens have this "freedom". All in all it was a perfect vacation ( and probably my last chance to get the teens to WANT to go away with Nana.) No matter where I go, I always compare everything to Disney, Disney does it right! And love love the Magical express, not having to worry about luggage especially traveling with kids is awesome!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family