As soon as you drive through the entrance gates, the palm trees disappear and you are instantly transported to the majestic northwest. The huge lobby takes your breath away and the cozy fireplace and timber columns invites you in to begin your adventure.
Service: The cast members at the resort were more than friendly and attentive. From the "park-rangers" entertaining families and giving out interesting facts to the super helpful concierge, the staff was all fantastic. Highlights included front desk member Reese, who happily helped us find a room with an impressive view for no extra fee. Doug, the former president of guest services for the company, at concierge made sure that we had no trouble getting help after a mishap with a family member's disability pass. Overall, the Disney magic really shone through the service.
Food: Wilderness Lodge has four main eateries, but we were only able to try the quick-service Roaring Fork and lakeside casual dining Geyser Point. Both had great, relatively inexpensive food options, and the atmosphere was perfect as well. Whispering Canyon Café often gets great reviews, and Artist Pointe, the signature location, unfortunately gets less then great reviews.
Room: The rooms are large enough to sleep a family of four, and are beautifully appointed. The beds were comfortable, and the A/C and fan worked very well to cool you off after a Florida afternoon. The bathrooms looked to be recently refurbished as they were very clean and used new technology. Some aspects of the room however, have began to show their age as some reading lights would not turn off and cabinets show a little wear-and-tear. The wear on the furniture was minor, and did not take away much from the otherwise great rooms. The resort has many rooms with fantastic views, so if you can grab one, it is a huge score to relax on your balcony facing a waterfall or lakeside forest.
Other information: The pool with waterslide was large and often quite empty, so you may definitely want to pack a bathing suit. The resort has many recreation activities including free tours, multiple pools, an arcade, and watercraft to rent. The boat transportation to The Magic Kingdom and Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground and Contemporary Resort was great, allowing an easy and relaxing beginning and end to a theme park day. Take advantage of the boats to the other resorts to explore their shops, restaurants, and theming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the rustic majesty of America's Great Northwest. Inspired by turn-of-the-century National Park lodges, Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrates American craftsmanship and honors the beauty of the untamed wilderness. Soak in the splendor of the great outdoors, from nature trails through pine forests to rocking chairs that overlook a murmuring creek. Inside, discover towering totem poles, headdresses and more, and sink into a plush leather armchair in front of the roaring fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Wilderness Hotel
- Disney Wilderness Lodge
- Disneys Wilderness Hotel
- Walt Disney World Wilderness Lodge
- Wilderness Lodge Orlando
- Wilderness Lodge Resort
- Wilderness Lodge Disney World
- Disney Wilderness Resort
- Disneys Wilderness Lodge
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge Orlando, Florida