3,812 results
All reviews whispering canyon roaring fork artist point magic kingdom woods view totem poles the bus territory lounge boat ride bunk bed room grand floridian rocking chairs disney world deluxe resort boat service bay lake water parade
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I have tried many of the Disney on-site hotels and this was probably the best. Of course it's a deluxe resort, so you expect more than a value resort, but if you got the extra money this is worth it. Rooms nothing special, but resort grounds and lobby are beautiful.
All choices with Disney hotels should be based on how long you plan on staying. If you will just be using the room to sleep, stay at Pop Century, but if you are going for 6+ days and are a frequent Disney traveler, the Lodge has a great pool area with a water slide and a nice beach area. No swimming at beach, but kids still liked the sand.
My favorite part of this resort was that it is a very small compared to all other Disney hotels. No matter what room you have, you are close to pool, food, and transportation. Wilderness Lodge also has a boat that takes you to Magic Kingdom which the kids loved.

3  Thank BuckarooBobby
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Visited over the holidays with my husband and three young children. Great property, nice rooms, excellent service, and plenty to do! I would highly recommend this property to anyone visiting Orlando/Disney. We are only a short drive from Orlando, so it was a nice getaway!

Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed 4 February 2013

My sister and I have always wanted to try the different deluxe Disney resorts and flew down to stay at the Wilderness Lodge for the weekend. The lobby and grounds are beautiful. The room was fairly standard. The beds and linens were nice. Not too impressed with the pool to be honest, but it was too chilly to swim anyway. We had the refillable mugs and there is a nice food court that was convenient for refills. Although we did not go to the parks we used the boats to get to the other resorts. I think the boats to Magic Kingdom would be a great reason to stay here. The busing was only OK. We often ended up waiting longer than expected and shared the bus with stops at the Grand Floridian. The Magical Express is very well run and a great perk for staying on Disney Grounds. My sister had an awesome pin code to stay here so we had a wonderful rate. If I was paying full price I may have been disappointed because it can be fairly expensive to stay here and I wasn't totally blown away.

4  Thank aloha35
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We stayed here January 2013 after having stayed at the WL for our honeymoon in January 2012. It felt like coming home again to a place we both love.

We enjoyed this stay overall. The refurbishment was well received by me, but not by my husband who favored the more "woodsy" charm of the previous iteration. I enjoyed the clean, more modern approach to the wilderness theme.

We were impressed by customer service when we unexpectedly arrived at 3 a.m. the day we were due to check-in (it's a long story!). They offered us a room right then and there, but we declined in order to keep our requested room, the same one we shared on our honeymoon. It was amazing that they were willing to give us basically an extra free night and that in the end, we were able to have the same room as last time.

However, we experienced an issue with a Florida toll and we asked the front desk for some assistance. They were unable to offer any kind of help whatsoever. All we were looking for was some advice or a phone number we could call for outside help, but all we got was "I cannot help you with that." For a hotel that is charging $300 a night, I would have expected a little more help than that.

The room was clean, but small. We found the size adequate for a couple, but a family would be tripping over each other. Housekeeping was adequate, but there were times when the room was not cleaned until 1 pm or so. We like to take naps between park visits, so this was a problem for us.

Food was fine on site. Roaring Forks is small, but has some decent options. More than one cashier would be helpful as I had to wait in some long lines. The pin traders and store personnel were lots of fun to interact with. We probably traded 50 pins in the lobby!

The boat was reliable and fun. However, I do not understand why they send the smallest boats during peak times. Every time we went to MK in the morning, there were more people waiting than could fit on the boats. And one day was unseasonably cold--we are talking 30 degrees outside and we were on open water in a boat that was not enclosed. My ears felt like they were going to freeze off! Later that day, the enclosed boat was running but it was warmer by then!

All in all, it was very satisfactory for what we paid and expected. Even though there were issues to complain about, it is a very beautiful and charming resort. If you love MK, this is a perfectly located resort. We will return someday, which is the true testament to the quality of a hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LTMilwaukee
Reviewed 3 February 2013

The Wilderness Lodge Resort is a hidden gem! The is one of Disney's magnificent Deluxe Resort, hidden amongst the trees along bay lake. The main building was modeled after the Old Faithful Inn in Yellowstone National Park. An artificial geyser and hot springs are located on the resort grounds. When you step into the lobby, it is hard not to be amazed by the grandeur of the lobby. There are large fireplaces to sit and relax by after a long day at the park! Kids love the large totem poles that decorate the lobby! If you want to relax after a day at the parks, then Wilderness Lodge can transport you to a separate world while you are at Disney!!

Date of stay: February 2013