3,800 results
All reviews whispering canyon roaring fork artist point magic kingdom woods view totem poles the bus territory lounge boat ride bunk bed room grand floridian rocking chairs disney world deluxe resort boat service bay lake water parade
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We stayed here for three nights in February 2012 while visiting the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. The front desk service was excellent, efficient and full of smiles. When one of our packages that we'd mailed to the lodge couldn't be found, the manager sent a cast member out late at night to find the perfect Cinderella dress so that our daughter could dress for her breakfast with the princesses the next morning (Thanks Yasmin!). As others have mentioned, the lodge's decoration and location make this an experience that's hard to beat. My only critique is one that has been mentioned here-- the lighting in the rooms is simply too dark. We were awake early due to jet lag, and really had to turn every light on in the room in order to do basic tasks. Overall, we would stay here again with pleasure.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2012

My family stayed here years ago when the Wilderness Lodge had recently opened...kids were young then and we had an absolutely magical time!! I visited again with my son and his wife (her first time to this particular Disney property). The lobby is still just as wonderful, but the room was in great need of an update. I would definitely stay here again if I knew the rooms had been updated, but until then I will stick with Grand Floridian, Polynesian and Contemporary. Try to get to Disney World at least every couple of years (every year when possible) and LOVE how friendly everyone always is at all of their properties.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank WDWfan81
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed in the Old Faithful Club, which was well worth it. The continental breakfast and snacks were a hit! The staff was excellent; the accommodations were great. The lodge is close to the Magic Kingdom and there is boat service to and from, as well as tram service. The lobby is expansive and impressive. I can't imagine many kids not loving the resort. Make reservations as early as possible for wherever you plan to eat in Disney, including lodge restaurants, or you will be dealing with very early or very late dining times. The rooms were as expected. I didn't think the rooms dated; rather it reminded me of a lodge at a US National park. I would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Try and stay in the Old Faithful Club. A bit more, but worth it, especially with kids.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank plosage
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was my second time to stay here in the last 7 years. Our stay was for 5 days in January 2012. Since my last stay 5 years ago, they use carpet freshener and cleaners with heavy scents in the rooms and I am allergic to heavy scents.

The head household manager was kind enough to let me look at several rooms and find one that didn't have a heavy scent. They also used natural cleaners to clean the room during my stay.

Room was clean and we had a nice view of the courtyard.

Front desk was very helpful with a flower delivery I had- they even made sure the orchid bouquet stayed fresh in their refrigerator in the back room. Several Disney people with different jobs each day greeted us and some even remembered our name.

Boat service was great. We always rent a car there- as it is easier to get around to every place other than the Magic Kingdom. I would not recommend the bus service- from MANY people I have spoken with over the years there at various hotels we have stayed. This is the only hotel we stay in that doesn't have the monorail service on property.

The Wilderness Lodge offers many family friendly activities that my children love.

This place is high recommended for families.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank kimberlygreiner
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This time around we stayed at a suite again, but this time did the Old Faithful Club. There is a limited selection of food for each part of the day - breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, dessert, but we enjoyed the selection. The staff will always grab what you need if it is not present - juices, coke, beer, etc. We enjoyed the extras, and would do it again.

Room Tip: We thought the Old Faithful Club was worth it
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family