3,800 results
All reviews whispering canyon roaring fork artist point magic kingdom woods view totem poles the bus territory lounge boat ride bunk bed room grand floridian rocking chairs disney world deluxe resort boat service bay lake water parade
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed in the Old Faithful Club, which was well worth it. The continental breakfast and snacks were a hit! The staff was excellent; the accommodations were great. The lodge is close to the Magic Kingdom and there is boat service to and from, as well as tram service. The lobby is expansive and impressive. I can't imagine many kids not loving the resort. Make reservations as early as possible for wherever you plan to eat in Disney, including lodge restaurants, or you will be dealing with very early or very late dining times. The rooms were as expected. I didn't think the rooms dated; rather it reminded me of a lodge at a US National park. I would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Try and stay in the Old Faithful Club. A bit more, but worth it, especially with kids.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank plosage
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was my second time to stay here in the last 7 years. Our stay was for 5 days in January 2012. Since my last stay 5 years ago, they use carpet freshener and cleaners with heavy scents in the rooms and I am allergic to heavy scents.

The head household manager was kind enough to let me look at several rooms and find one that didn't have a heavy scent. They also used natural cleaners to clean the room during my stay.

Room was clean and we had a nice view of the courtyard.

Front desk was very helpful with a flower delivery I had- they even made sure the orchid bouquet stayed fresh in their refrigerator in the back room. Several Disney people with different jobs each day greeted us and some even remembered our name.

Boat service was great. We always rent a car there- as it is easier to get around to every place other than the Magic Kingdom. I would not recommend the bus service- from MANY people I have spoken with over the years there at various hotels we have stayed. This is the only hotel we stay in that doesn't have the monorail service on property.

The Wilderness Lodge offers many family friendly activities that my children love.

This place is high recommended for families.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank kimberlygreiner
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This time around we stayed at a suite again, but this time did the Old Faithful Club. There is a limited selection of food for each part of the day - breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, dessert, but we enjoyed the selection. The staff will always grab what you need if it is not present - juices, coke, beer, etc. We enjoyed the extras, and would do it again.

Room Tip: We thought the Old Faithful Club was worth it
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ScottCarolina
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We arrived back yesterday after a 5night stay at the Wilderness Lodge, before our trip i did a lot of research using tripadvisor, though we have stayed at many disney resorts this was our first time at the WL. I knew the location would be fab, but i was concerned about the dated rooms from resding the reeviews.However as we entered to checkin in all that went away, the lobby is just fantastic, talk about the WOW factor! On checking in we found we had been upgraded from our booked woods view room to a courtyard room, we had a great view of the pool and bay lake, which gave us a great view of the electrical parade that Disney does for the MK resorts. The noise from the pool during the day can be loud especially with the music from the daily pool parties for the kids. The rooms are a little tired, but ours was clean, with new thick white towels, beds were clean and comfy too. We timed the visit in a busy period with spring break so the wait times were long for rides, and now living in the Caribbean we found the evenings a bit chilly too. The pool area was nice, but busy and the pool not that large, so unlike Saratoga Springs where we stay each September, there wasnt really any quiet pools to escape the noise and crowds, though they do have another pool by the villas. There also seems to be a lot of visiitors from the Fort Wilderness coming over as the resorts are connected using the pools even though there are notices that the pool is for lodge guests only, though not sure if this is policed but it needs to be.

The food was good at Roaring fork, the quick service restaurant and also we had breakfast at Whispering Canyon, which was good too, we would stay as this resort again for a week without hesitation though we have booked into Yacht Club for break in July, which we booked before leaving for te trip, we are looking to come back here at Christmas....

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Tinkerbell39
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We researched this lodge online before we booked our vacation, but it didn't get us ready for the grand lobby. All we could say was wow! It makes you feel like you left Florida and were somewhere in the Pafic northwest. The restaraunts there were great and I would recomend them to someone who isn't even staying at the lodge. The only negative is that they give you too much food. They have beautiful lanterns along the outside walkways that are iluminated at night and they even glow as if they have candles in them. The attention to detail was also appreciated. Our bedposts had cute animals on them that looked as if they were carved out of wood. They have a guyser that goes off every hour. They even offer toasting marshmallows on the beach where they show Disney movies at night. We like to stay at different resorts on our trips to Disney, but this one is going to be hard to stay away from.

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor. We liked they distance to the restaraunts in the moring. I also had two ducks come have breakfast with me on our terrance.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple