“Would not pass this place up!”
Review of Gatorland

Gatorland Nights Shining Tour
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Gatorland features 3,000 gators and 89 crocodiles, as well as a number of bird and snake exhibits.
Reviewed 8 March 2012

My family and I went to Gatorland on our trip to Orlando in September 2011. While the enterance fee was a little high, in my opinion, it was worth it in the end. We were all very entertained with the shows that they offer throughout the property. There is even a little splash area for the kids, which helped out alot because it was very hot the day that we were there. Do not miss the gator wrestling show or feeding time! Great place!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,645)

Reviewed 8 March 2012

My boyfriend and I visited Gatorland in May and we only stayed about an hour! This was mainly because of the heat and there seemed to be no where to shade from the sun! Unlike disney/universal where you could duck into gift shops for the air con this wasnt the case here :( The attractions were not very good and I actually felt sorry for the alligators during the one show which I stayed to watch, we left straight after this. The only good thing about Gatorland was that the admission wasnt too expensive so I didnt feel ripped off!

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Gatorland is AMAZING!!! The staff is awesome, the shows are hilarious, thrilling...and interactive!!! It is laid back and just a great place! I love it!!! Pay the extra, do the night shine after hours and the trainer experience in the early morning. I promise, you won't regret it!!! FABULOUS!!! I have yet to do the zip line. But I will be back soon...thinking June to visit...and yes, I am going back just to see Gatorland...that is how awesome it is!!! So exciting. My nephew is 5, free of fear when it came to the zip line...he and his older brother did it...and loved it!!! Highly recommended...go, go, go!!!

1  Thank Dawn L
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We visited Gatorland in February 2012 and had a really lovely time! Half a day maximum should do it - we saw everything in 3hrs and felt that was just right! We visited on a lovely sunny day and were extremely impressed by the following:-
* Great value for money (look online for further discounts too). Food/drinks inexpensive.
* Excellent exhibits (especially the massive gators), Bruce the grumpy croc, who is enormous and the white gators (who are really yellow!!).
* Sweet animals in the petting zoo, who seem to love being fed and petted.
My tip would be that you don't need to spend more money when there if you don't want to, to still have a good time! For example, you can buy food for the gators and food for the petting zoo animals, but to be honest, they all seem so well fed, you can save your money!
My mum was concerned about potential cruelty to the animals prior to visiting (for example, the gators having to "perform"), but she had to concede that the park was very well run and all animals we saw were in tip top condition. And being wild animals, it was clear that they perform (such as jumping for food) when they want to and don't when they don't!
The gator jumparoo show was fun for our little boy, with audience participation (shouting), which he thought was great! Although, like I say, our gators just couldn't be bothered to move, which we found funny!
A really fun time - we recommend it.

1  Thank FAMILYRANDS
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Good fun for a first time trip but becomes samey i would reserve the need to visit especially as Disney's animal kingdoms has gators and many other animals besides however you do get to handle snakes and gators alike.... Verdict - for gator enthuiast!