“Line Up World”

Ranked #7 of 434 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This vast complex houses two theme parks (Universal Studios, for movie rides, and Islands of Adventure, for thrills), an entertainment/nightlife complex (CityWalk) and a variety of hotels. You can buy passes for admission to the parks or just visit the bars, restaurants and stores on the CityWalk.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking, Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 25 February 2011

This is not a well run or well conceived park. Got to the park early, waited in line for 45 min just to get a ticket to get into Harry Potter World. While in the 45 min. line got a look at suess world close up, cute. After getting our entry time for HPW wandered around Jurassic Park;so unbelievably lame, then wandered into Poseiden's Adventure, 50 minute wait for the most ridiculous waste of time ever!!!! Whoever the actor "jason"(I think) did the absolute best he could but are you kidding me! HPW rides actually were good and worth the line, but the locker system poorly designed, people were almost coming to blows b/c you had the kiosk right in the middle of the lockers. The line-ups for the shops were an hour or more,ridiculous! My 17 year old was seriously pissed off by the whole experience. Marvel comic world was passable, loved the the hulk rollercoaster and the drop zone type ride.

5  Thank marjory4
There are newer reviews for Universal Studios Florida

Reviewed 25 February 2011

When you go to Islands of Adventure you need to have your car parked and be at the gate at 8.30am with your tickets ready to get in. go directly to Harry Potter or you will be given a time ticket to enter that area. I go to universal every day try to avoid going on a sat or sunday its triple the crowds. If you want to do the roller coaster ride near Harry Potter its the same situation they will not let you in if you do not have a ticket with a time on it!

3  Thank edinburghlassietn
Reviewed 23 February 2011

My wife and I purchased the Universal Studios annual pass at Publix and saved $10 off the ticket price. We both love amusement park thrill rides so it was the perfect date! Hopefully we can get more use out of our annual passes.

Rick Hudnett

Reviewed 22 February 2011

I visited this park years 20 years ago and had a great time. I wish I could say the same about this recent visit. Parking is more than Disney and you have to walk a long way from parking to the park entrance.

Many of the attractions are outdated and shells of what they were. Jaws was a joke and even the boat operator knew that from the tone in his voice during his presentation.

Admission had gone way up to $80. I thought that was fair because of all the additional attractions in the new section but soon found out the park was split in half and all the new stuff was an additional $80 to see.

The line to purchase tickets moved very slow because the ticket agents spent forever trying to upsell you on extra features including paying an additional $20 to get ahead of others in line. So I paid $80 to stand in lines so others can keep cutting ahead of me?

Bottom line.... this was my LAST visit to this place.

1  Thank TravlinMan33
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I'll try to be brief. I feel robbed or at least cheated with our recent visit. It cost over 500.00 and received almost nothing but aggravation. Parking was slow and took at least 20 minutes. Attendants were yelling at guests. We were yelled at to get our stroller off a walk way. We were solicited to buy a credit card. After a long walk we were confronted with another long wait to buy tickets (45 minutes) and more sales attempts (this same process took about 5 minutes at Disney at half the cost). After the hike to Harry Potter we were turned away to go wait in another long line for a timed entrance pass in a very crowed area, also getting yelled at because the whole family was in line not just a representative. (Why this couldn’t be addressed at ticketing or at least the info for the need to get another ticket!) During the day I was only able to go on 3 rides, my family 4. At Disney the hours were always extended due to crowds, at Universal it was the opposite. An employee told us closing was at 8:00 but after assuming there was time to eat (at the worst food in the world, Burger Digs.. We left finding the park closed at 7:00 and unable to do ANYTHING else. At Disney parks we could see characters, shop and linger, nothing at Universal. Harry Potter was somewhat well done but not made for crowds at all, again yelled at for going the wrong way or wrong door. Then the family was subjected to walking thru all the bars and party atmosphere on leaving, not meant for a family. I will never return, I truly feel foolish for throwing away hard earned money to be miserable and feel like I was an inconvience not a guest. If there were a money back guarantee I would be asking for my money back, what a rip off. We left Disney feeling happy with a wonderful experience we left Universal feeling like the only interest was to make money, which of course it is.

2  Thank tenwork