“Jimmy johns”

Add it.
Jimmy John's
Ranked #63 of 91 Restaurants in Orange City
Cuisines: American, Fast food
Description: In a large shopping plaza near Target and Applebees! Phone: 386-774-6500
Reviewed 29 March 2017

Not bad at all. But needs to improve on condiments. It's limited. Prices are reasonable but subs are small. Subways bread is longer n thicker.

Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

I have been to other Jimmy Johns franchises and they have all been wonderful. Port Orange and Daytona especially. This location is an embarrassment to the brand.

Walked up to the counter and was greeted with horrible service. Ask if they have a kids meal and a person (not the person @ the register) yells out "No, order a plain slim". Okay, thanks I guess. I order a plain slim for a three year old and ask to add American cheese. Same person from behind the counter yells out "we don't have that". Okay, thanks, I'll take what you have. I dint get asked if my child wants anything in it, mayo/mustard so my kid gets met and cheeses slapped on some bread.

Next, I order a sandwich for myself and ask for it the way it comes, add pickle. Same person yells out from the back "we don't have pickle". Okay, thanks, no pickle then. Then I get told they wrap a free pickle quarter with the sandwich. Guess what?? No pickle spear was given with any of our sandwiches. Probably just cause I asked for pickle.

Husband orders his sandwich, add banana pepper. Now the person yelling out rushes to the register with different kind of pepper in her hand and rudely says "we have cherry hot peppers, they look like this". "Do you want this?" "We don't have banana peppers". Fearing asking anything else he says "no, just give it to me the way it comes".

We give up after this order our drinks and wait at the register for our receipt after payment is made. Cashier looks at me with a blank stare and doesn't say anything. So I ask for a receipt. Then the voice from the back yells out again "I'll give it to you when I give you your food".

Our food is ready and given to us in a bag, it wasn't a "to go" order. We open our bag at the table to get our lunch out and there's no napkins. We go on the hunt for napkins and the voice from the back yells out again "they are on the back counter". We go to the back counter and find they are BEHIND the back counter. I'm not accustomed to just going behind a counter of a restaurant in the food area and getting this for myself. Kind of rude in my opinion to do.

Funny thing is.. The next two customers that came in asked the same napkin question we did.. So it's not that OBVIOUS that they are behind the counter JJ folks!!

So we open our sandwiches and laugh it off as a "not coming back here experience" but it gets worse.... The sandwiches have one layer of one slice of meat going across the entire 8 inch roll. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, no lie, no joke, literally two slices of meat on an entire 8" sandwich. Being a Jimmy Johns customer at other locations I can tell you this isn't the brand they have set for themselves. Basically all you could taste was the bread. Our three year old was even laughing at the crappy sandwich she had saying "where's the meat Mama?". It was hilarious. Who knew Subway restaurants was such a friggin gem!

I will proudly give my $$ to the local Subway, Publix, Jersey Mikes, and Firehouse establishments from now on. I will never visit this Jimmy Johns location again. The only reason this place has got to be open is because they deliver. That's the only plus I see.

Bad customer service. Send people to the Daytona ISB location to train. That's why that place is always busy, they know how to treat customers!!

Reviewed 19 February 2016

This one of the worst sub shops ever. The only thing the have going is that they deliver, but sometimes they won't go to a specific place and the next time they will. The subs you order will be made the way JJ's makes them or pay extra or they just won't do what you want. There is no lettuce on the tuna sub and they won't give you any. Want hot sauce, not allowed. The deli items are pre-sliced, no telling how long they sit there. We had unsweetened ice tea, they have no sugar substitutes for people with medical restrictions. Bland and unappetizing subs is what you get and you will not be able to change it from the menu. Go to Jersey's Mikes or Publix (known for great subs) across the street. Be careful of the phony reviews on some searches that are found on the web, they generally say nothing about JJ's and slam other sub shops and call the posters haters. I saw one review and called JJ's and asked for to talk to the person who's name was on a review, and he was working there.

Reviewed 27 October 2015

I ordered their italian sub which was very good,and a tuna on 7 grain bread, I said I wanted mayo on it the counter guy says no I can't do that but I wil give you a packet. Of mayo and you can put it on yourself. Then I said can you put just a little shredded lettuce on it he. Said no I can't do that but you can take some from the italian sub and put it on your tuna sandwhich. It was my 1st visit to jimmy johns and probably the last, I never heard such nonsense. You go to subway they go right down the line with what you would like. I realize this is the way they do it but lettuce come on jimmy john it's not a high end item especially when it's a matter of grabbing a small bit and making the sandwhich the way. It should be. If that's a gourmet sandwhich like you advertise I'll eat jjimmy johns hat

Reviewed 18 September 2015

Always delicious, always fresh, always fast....consistent and wonderful. Large menu that everyone can find something on and online ordering is very easy.