“Lots of selection, but not awe inspring”
Review of Texas Roadhouse

Texas Roadhouse
Ranked #6 of 110 Restaurants in Ocoee
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Legendary Food, Legendary Service
Orlando, FL
“Lots of selection, but not awe inspring”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I've eaten at Texas Roadhouse before and the steak was a good cut and cooked well, but there was nothing particularly outstanding about it. It was a good steak cooked well for a good price, nothing more, nothing less ( thought a 20 oz steak for $20 is well priced). It's not Capital Grill, but then I'm not paying $60 for a steak with no sides either.

The decor is a little hokey with the peanuts and Country music, but I suppose it's just not my thing. I drive past this restaurant on my way home and it's always packed, so people definitely keep coming back.

My wife and I ate here this weekend; I had country fried sirloin and she had something similar. The service was excellent and the food arrived quite quickly. My wife raved about the sides - she said the green beans with bacon were outstanding. I thought the mashed potato with white gravy side was also superb and enjoyed the steak fries too.

I wasn't particularly impressed with my meal - the batter had something in it that made it taste slightly peculiar - not unpleasant, but not quite what you would expect. The sirloin was cooked well, but was a little grissly. You do get a good amount for the money and I wasn't able to eat the entire portion.

Would I eat here again? Yes, but I'd stick with steak, as that seems to be what they are best at.

• Visited February 2012

• Korean first
Orlando, FL
“Way too loud - way too ordinary”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

The food is average at best but the deal breaker is the volume of the restaurant. I'm not a country music fan and the music is loud as well as the 'entertainment' of the servers dancing to the country music when the mood strikes is more than I can deal with!!!

Windermere, Florida
“Fabulous Deal!”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Texas Roadhouse in the best steak at the best value. Fresh cuts of meat from petit to gargantuous. Warm delicious bread and buckets of slated peanuts. They have a Wed. special which includes a steak, veggie, potato of your choice and salad for $9.99. You just can't find a better deal. Steaks are delicious.