“My Latinos liked it”

Latinos Y Mas
Ranked #2 of 492 Restaurants in Ocala
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Latinos y Mas. We are currently in the process of remodeling with our grand re-opening September 13, 2016. We look forward to seeing you then.
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

My family lives the food. It was authentic Latin style food. My mom enjoyed it very much. My brother loved it too. However, as a Vegan, I could not rate this place more then 3 stars, but 5 stars for my family

1  Thank David C

Reviewed 1 September 2017

We have eaten at this restaurant before, and although this would not have been my first choice, it was the choice of one of a group of six who was celebrating her birthday. I like Mexican and what I consider Latino food. Although many people consider Mexican food very spicy, my experience is that most Latino and Mexican dishes are not spicy at all. I include this information so that patrons or those reading the review do not misunderstand the reason for my review. During our first visit, I ordered a chicken dish which consisted of a very thin piece of chicken, beaded and pan fried. It was okay but, in my opinion very bland. It was served with the traditional beans and rice, but there was no topping for the chicken. I was not impressed with the dish at all. As a result, on the second visit, I decided to order a chicken Chimichanga with grilled rather than shredded chicken. The menu entry indicated that the Chimichanga was "served with all the Mexican fixings." I did not ask what the fixing were but assumed they were the traditional sour cream, guacamole, and cheese sauce that I am accustomed to being served with a Chimichanga. I asked that they hold the guacamole and sour cream but include a little extra cheese sauce. The waitress was very accommodating and said she would be happy to serve my meal as requested. One of women with us ordered the exact same meal, asked that the traditional fixings be included, and requested that she too have a little extra cheese sauce. The salsa and chips that were served were excellent-warm and crispy just as they should be. The Chimichanga was delicious; the three people who ordered the paella thought the same. The guest who order the Bistek Empanizado was not impressed. Regardless of the quality of the food and the service, my impression of the restaurant was very negatively impacted when the bill arrived and the two of us who had ordered the Chimichanga were charged $5.56 for the cheese sauce. How this charge was determined is beyond me. The original cost of $12.50 now translated into over $18.00, a steep price by all Mexican restaurant standards for a Chimichanga.. Never were we informed that there would be an additional charge for the cheese sauce, nor did I ever think to ask. I could find nothing on the menu that was cause for this charge; however, we paid the bill and left with a very bad taste in my mouth.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

We ate a pork dish and a chicken from the lunch specials. More than ample amount of food served, and a salad too. Excellent quality.

1  Thank Robert S
Latinosymas R, Public Relations Manager at Latinos Y Mas, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Thank you Robert!!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I can't believe it has taken me this long to finally try Latinos y Mas, but it was worth the wait! Quick, friendly service and the food was wonderful. Everything was fresh and flavorful, and the portions were generous. I will definitely be back!

1  Thank TravelersM2M
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Several weeks ago, we were very pleased with our Mexican meal, but after a second
visit ordering the exact same meals, we were very disappointed.
If not for the first visit, I would have rated "poor" and that includes the service. The
waitress did the bare minimum and was visiting with a party of about eight in the same small room towards the back where we were sitting. She seemed to know them.
My Fajita Trio was hit and miss due to badly over cooked shrimp and a small portion of beef. They overly heaped on the onions and peppers to fill the hot plate and the set up dish had discolored guacamole and old lettuce. Additionally, the beans and rice were served warm but not hot.
In summary, we obviously caught them on a bad night and maybe we would try again in a few months to see if they get back to our first visit quality. Our party of three ate
around 5 P.M., Thursday, both times. Same waitress, exact same orders.

1  Thank RScott57
Latinosymas R, Public Relations Manager at Latinos Y Mas, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

We are very sorry to hear that this second visit could not meet your expectations. Thank you so much for sharing your good and bad experiences with us. The next time you visit us, do not hesitate to speak with our manager Fabian Gomez. We look forward to serving you again as you deserve. Have a wonderful weekend!!!