“Second visit left us disappointed…Inconsistent.”
Review of Latinos Y Mas

Latinos Y Mas
Ranked #2 of 492 Restaurants in Ocala
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Latinos y Mas. We are currently in the process of remodeling with our grand re-opening September 13, 2016. We look forward to seeing you then.
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Several weeks ago, we were very pleased with our Mexican meal, but after a second
visit ordering the exact same meals, we were very disappointed.
If not for the first visit, I would have rated "poor" and that includes the service. The
waitress did the bare minimum and was visiting with a party of about eight in the same small room towards the back where we were sitting. She seemed to know them.
My Fajita Trio was hit and miss due to badly over cooked shrimp and a small portion of beef. They overly heaped on the onions and peppers to fill the hot plate and the set up dish had discolored guacamole and old lettuce. Additionally, the beans and rice were served warm but not hot.
In summary, we obviously caught them on a bad night and maybe we would try again in a few months to see if they get back to our first visit quality. Our party of three ate
around 5 P.M., Thursday, both times. Same waitress, exact same orders.

1  Thank RScott57
Latinosymas R, Public Relations Manager at Latinos Y Mas, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

We are very sorry to hear that this second visit could not meet your expectations. Thank you so much for sharing your good and bad experiences with us. The next time you visit us, do not hesitate to speak with our manager Fabian Gomez. We look forward to serving you again as you deserve. Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Great service, best Mexican food and at a great price. I love the chicken taco salad. The chips and salsa are always fresh. Great place for a group or just a couple.

1  Thank Sheila R
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Its such a shame really.. The people of Ocala have lowered their standards so much with all the fast food chains and really cheap low end diners in the area that even though this food isnt that bad and the staff couldnt be more helpful all this with really nice decor job thrown in ! And as there really are not that many nuce places to eat means this place is rated higher than its food truly deserves and if this place was competing with a Miami restaurant it woukd have to step up to the plate with much better food on it! Pardon the pun! But for anyone who has ever really been down south then you can tell the difference. They just need to go back to using more fresh ingredients and steer away from the processed canned & jarred glub that is pumped out of the kitchen of late.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Dined this evening with a party of 20. Excellent service and generous servings. I would have given a 5 rating on my paella - $19.95 for one -but the green lipped mussels were large and overcooked. Additionally, I prefer my mussels in the whole shell (not on a half shell) so that I know they are fresh. My husband said his pork enchiladas were delicious accompanied with large side portions of beans, rice, guac and chopped fresh veggies. Would I dine there again? Yes I would. I can't say enough about the excellent service and Latinos Y Mas gave us a private dining room.

1  Thank enture
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is one of my favorite places to eat service is really good the food is good cozy atmosphere !

1  Thank linda f