We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala FL
Show Prices
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Nearby Hotels
View Hotel
  • Free Wifi
  • Free Parking
View Hotel
Certificate of Excellence
  • Free Wifi
  • Free Parking
View Hotel
View Hotel
  • Free Wifi
  • Free Parking
View Hotel
  • Free Wifi
  • Free Parking
View Hotel
View Hotel
  • Free Wifi
  • Free Parking
View Hotel
  • Free Wifi
  • Free Parking
View Hotel
  • Free Wifi
  • Free Parking
View Hotel
Certificate of Excellence
  • Free Wifi
  • Free Parking
Reviews (1,635)
Filter reviews
1,635 results
Traveller rating
684
514
246
115
76
Traveller type
Time of year
LanguageAll languages
More languages
684
514
246
115
76
Show reviews that mention
All reviewsmini golf courseroom was cleanwafflespool and hot tubfree breakfastnice poolwill stay there againgreat customer servicenon smoking roomstaff was friendlyocala areaparking lothot breakfasthojomotelretrointerstate
FilterAll languages
Updating list...
158 - 163 of 1,635 reviews
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped around 830 pm no reservation and had no problem getting a bottom floor room. Great price and the waffles were great! The staff was friendly will stay again if we are this way! Very clean and has the retro decor and the bed was very comfy and the air was good and cold.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Thank dinkymom1
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Nurjehan S, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala FL, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear guest dinkymom1,

We thank you very much for choosing the Howard Johnson Inn of Ocala when in our area, we understand very well you have a choice. Some motels are but an arm's length away from the Howard Johnson Inn of Ocala.

Our promise to you, our guests, is that we will be relentless in improving as far as our product, our service and value to our guests is concerned. We have earned the excellent awards for the past three years from Trip Advisor. We promise you that we will continue to strive very hard to be # 1 economy place in our area. We will continue to remodel, upgrade and give you the best.
Thank you again!

Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Reviewed 8 August 2017

The rooms were simple but clean and accomodating. Staff was friendly and helpful. If you are traveling on a budget, it is a nice place to stay. Breakfast was basic but tasty with plenty available. Coffee was good.

Room Tip: All non-smoking rooms
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
    • Sleep Quality
    • Cleanliness
    • Service
Thank llferenczy
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Nurjehan S, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala FL, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

llferenczy, Our Dear Guest,

Howard Johnson Inn of Ocala and your experience is as follows:

1) Rooms: "Clean and accommodating"

2) Staff: "friendly and helpful"

3) Breakfast: "basic but tasty with plenty available"

4) Coffee: "good"

And finally, yes, Howard Johnson inn of Ocala is a budget motel when it comes to price. It is, however, # 1 motel in not only in budget hotels, but surpassing other high-end motels in our area. In TripAdvisor, it is ranked #4 out of the 34 motels in the area.

When it comes to budget hotel, it is 5/5 stars motels. It has won excellence award from TripAdvisor for the past few years, 'Best of the Best' awards from Wyndham for the past two years, and some other local recognition.

Dear Guest,
We love our Howard Johnson Inn of Ocala and we love our guests. The Howard Johnson Inn team members will continue to upkeep the property with monetary expenses as much as they possibly could spend, they will continue to give you the best service they possibly could give and finally, they will make sure that they have done everything possibly for you to make your stay at Hojo Ocala a happy experience.
GO HAPPY, GO HOJO (Ocala)!!!

come back and see us again. It will be a pleasure to have you again.

Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Reviewed 8 August 2017

  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
    • Value
    • Location
    • Sleep Quality
    • Rooms
    • Cleanliness
    • Service
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of TripAdvisor LLC nor of its partners.
Nurjehan S, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala FL, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC nor of its partners.
Reviewed 6 August 2017

  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
    • Value
    • Location
    • Sleep Quality
    • Rooms
    • Cleanliness
    • Service
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of TripAdvisor LLC nor of its partners.
Nurjehan S, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala FL, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC nor of its partners.
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night based on Trip Advisor reviews but honestly I don't know why it was rated so high except the staff were all extremely smiling and pleasant. The room was clean enough but old and dated though some attempt had been made to update it. It was funny at first; clearly the place had been built in the 50's or 60's. Even though it was non-smoking the room smelled of cigarettes in spite of an air purifier and air conditioner. The bath towels were small and the roughest towels ever! The cabinet under the solid surface counter was really old and battered. The bed was fairly comfortable and the comforter was the perfect loft for a good nights sleep. It's obvious the attempt to make it a nice place to stay was there but we won't be back.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Thank Paula Z
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Nurjehan S, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala FL, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear guest Paula Z,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Howard Johnson Inn of Ocala and thank you for letting us know how we are doing here.

I do apologize that you did not have a good experience while you were here. You are correct we are a old properly but we are always upgrading and improving, 90% of the rooms are totally redone. In the remaining 10 percent, 60% of the work is being done and the remaining 40%, needs headboards, vanity mirrors and new furniture for the microwave, refrigerator and TV holder. These items are ordered and should be with us by September. All the rooms have new artwork, new lamps, new A/C units, new window treatment, clean bedding, and clean bathrooms.

Again we are very sorry we could not please you. We hope in the future that you will give us another try.

Report response as inappropriate
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC
View more reviews