“So glad we went, in the pouring rain.”

Brooklyn's Backyard
Ranked #14 of 513 Restaurants in Ocala
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a locally owned family business with fresh innovative food. Our backyard atmosphere and New tiki bar makes you feel like your relaxing in your families backyard but we do all the cooking and cleaning for you. We carry 11 craft beers on tap and over 30 in a bottle as well as some of the finest spirit throughout Florida and the United States. Operated by my wife and myself we invite you into our backyard for one of the most unique dining experiences in Florida. Once your in you become family.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wow, It is rare that I give 5 stars, but in this situation I have to. Befor coming up to Silver Springs I did my TA research, found Brooklyn's and one other place. As we left our "old world 60's motel, Sun Plaza, in the POURING rain I could hardly see the road but was determined to find Brooklyn's. I'm glad we did. This shop is located in a set back kinda strip center, next to Ace and a clothing store, not easily seen from the road. From the minute we walked in I smiled. Now it's about 5pm, I'm glad because by the time we left at 6:30 they were on a wait. We were greeted an sat right away, not a huge place but really Funky bar and dining room. Josh, our A+ server was right on us and Explained their craft beer offerings that would suit me and came right back. He was very patient with all my questions, Ok fine I couldn't make up my mind. Some regulars were sat behind us, John and Bobbie, of course he new them and John quickly became my table friend, just like home. The food, I ordered a side salad and wings, wanted pizza or stomboli but not this night. Salad was simple, but great, wings were cooked properly and super tastey. My wife ordered one of the specialty burgers, Angry Orchid Burger and damn was it good. The one small glitch, we like Hot Crispy fries, her were barely warm and soft, this would have knocked them down to 4.5 Stars. Josh got them replaced with a nice hot batch, but took a couple of minutes. We ate, enjoyed a couple of good craft beers, and by now there was a gentleman playing some cool live music. Wow, what a place. We were full, but my wife HAD to have a cannoli, to go, it was great but she did not like it on top of chocolate sauce. Summary, when in Silver Springs DO NOT miss Brookly's.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Went to lunch on the advise from some friends while in Ocala. So glad we went. The cheese bread appetizer was excellent. I could have had that for my whole meal, but I had to share. The burger was juicy, tasty and cooked to perfection. The chicken sandwich was also as very good. We both had the macaroni and cheese as our side and would love to have that also as the whole meal. Take a trip and stop in. You will not be sorry.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Really over the top lobster roll. New England type roll, chef is from New England. He gets it!
Fries awesome seasoned well. Wife had Classic huge , very well prepared. Sadly ,talked to owner only one more week for lobster roll! Get there quick, don't miss it. Best everytime. Will be back again in spring. Everything great plenty to choose from

Reviewed 31 August 2018

We were in Ocala looking at golf carts and stopped at Brooklyn Backyard for lunch. We got there at 1pm and sat at a high top table in the bar. Wait staff was friendly. The atmosphere was rustic and clean. Great menu from burgers, pizza to steaks. They also have a New England lobster roll for 14.99 with a side. My wife and I split a bacon cheeseburger as we were heading to cedar key for drinks and a late supper. The burger was delicious, we will definitely stop there again.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

This is the sort of place to unwind with friends or family. Relaxed, atmosphere with upscale food. The chef is always trying new things, that are always a hit! Come early for the specials as they go fast.