“Steak!!!”

Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great food and even better portions!Bartenders are very nice people and the cook knows how to make a great steak!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited at lunch time and was disappointed. It was extremely noisy and could not carry on a conversation at the table. Probably won't visit at lunch time again. The food was still good and the bread is great.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

I met with a friend here at 5:30 on a Tuesday. We thought we had plenty of time to eat before going to a meeting at 6:30 that was just up the street. When we arrived the place was not crowded and we were seated quickly. Nothing should be busy in Ocala at 5:30 on a weekday that isn't Friday.

This is a non-descript mustard yellow building that I would have passed by without a 2nd glance but we were pressed for time and this was just a few blocks from our destination.

From there things slowed down. After placing our orders the server returned some 20 minutes later with what I at first thought was the main courses but was in fact just my salad and a basket of rolls (garlic knots). The salad was very big and I didn't finish it.

Then the clock started to really tick and the place was filling up. The main courses did not arrive until about 45 minutes after we ordered. My friend ordered a beef tips sandwich with onion rings and I ordered a chicken and boneless "ribs" platter with a baked potato and BBQ Sauce on the side..

He said his sandwich was great. My boneless ribs were definitely NOT ribs, nowhere near that tender. It took me a short while to realize that they were pork chop strips and not the most tender to boot. But the portion was huge and I only ate half.

About 1 hour after we sat down we finally got the check but it was another 15 minutes before the server took it up and we were able to walk out.

No recommendation based on the poor service.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Went on a tip from a friend. Not much to look at from the outside. The food and service are great. The portions are huge. Everything is cooked to order. You must try the cheeseburgers, unbelievable! We will return.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I've been visiting terry's Place for 30 years. They have always had the largest subs and sandwiches I have ever seen. Why Diners, Drive-thrus and DIves hasn't been here, I'll never know. Word of advice...don't order a large sub trying to impress your friends...you won't finish it!!