“C'est Bon!”
Review of Escargot Bistro

Escargot Bistro
Ranked #2 of 115 Restaurants in Oakland Park
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Description: French bistro serving authentic French recipes from 11:45am to 9pm, Tuesday to Saturday. Closed for Vacation in September.
Reviewed 11 February 2017

A charming bistro with absolutely delicious cuisine - so fresh you think it came from the garden and the sea only minutes ago. The fish of the day was lemon sole with lobster bisque sauce served with veggies of the day (julienned), quinoa and cauliflower soufflé. Who ever heard of cauliflower soufflé - it was delicate and delicious!! Beautiful on the plate and absolutely delicious!! I watched all things going by on other orders and it all looked so fresh. My entree was light, tasty and very fresh - oh so fresh. I may try the mussels next time!

Andrea-Didier, Owner at Escargot Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2017

Dear Julieona1a,
Thank you very much for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your meals. Looking forward to serve you "Moules Mariniere"!
Merci beaucoup !! Andrea & Didier

Reviewed 2 February 2017

We were drawn in to this little strip mall by the lure of Thai food which was closed at the hour that we happened upon it and strolled down to the Escargot Bistro at the other end of the sidewalk. It was absolutely amazing!! It's small, it's intimate, the owners are amazing folks and the food............I've not had better French food....ANYWHERE!! Even though we were there for a late lunch and it was an abbreviated menu, the selections were beyond scrumptious. Please do not miss this little bistro!!!

Andrea-Didier, Owner at Escargot Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

Dear Allentowntoboston,
Thank you very much for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your late lunch. Thank you very much for recommending us ! Merci beaucoup !! Andrea & Didier

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

My wife and I are always looking for good restaurants when we visit So. FL. This was superb. Small, intimate and such wonderful hosts. The food was amazing. And I don't say that lightly. I had the Esgargot au gratin. The complexity of flavors, the presentation, remarkable. I've had escargot many times and it's usually eating little pieces of rubber. This was not and I can only imagine that they weren't cooked to death. Anyway, this was great and we'll definitely be going back.

Dear Gerry,
Thank you very much for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed the escargots. Looking forward to welcome you back ! Merci beaucoup ! Andrea & Didier

Reviewed 1 February 2017

We found a place to park next door and trundled over to Escargot where we were warmly greeted by Didier and Angie, the couple who owns and runs this small haven. On a first date with a vegetarian I'd chosen this restaurant due to their menu which seemed friendly to my date's culinary proclivities and, oh my were they just perfect. On hearing my date's preference for vegies, Angie proceeded gleefully to tell her that she'd make a special crepe for her like the ones she makes for the lunch menu and then also insisted she get the pear and warm brie salad. I had the Escargot on mushrooms smothered in cheese and then the trout Madagascar.

Dinner was superb, Didier and Angie were delightful, the location close to my hotel (The Marriott) and I just can't say enough about the experience. That said, I just hope they don't get so busy that I can't get in again!

Dear flabuf,
Thank you very much for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your dinner. Looking forward to welcome back ! Merci beaucoup !! Andrea & Didier

Reviewed 27 January 2017

This is a small place located in a strip mall. Nothing fancy, but the quality of the food and service deserves all the bells and whistles! We ordered escargots, rouget (red snapper) and the filet mignon. Everything was perfectly cooked and the presentation of the food was excellent. Service was A1, done by the owner and his wife, who were both very helpful and charming. We'll be back!!

Andrea-Didier, Owner at Escargot Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2017

Dear Luis,
Thank you very much for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your dinner. Looking forward to welcome you back !! Merci beaucoup !! Andrea & Didier