“Delicious!”

La Casita Salvadorena
Ranked #28 of 115 Restaurants in Oakland Park
Price range: US$2 - US$17
Reviewed 14 September 2016

My friends and I went here for dinner the other night and were pleasantly surprised with AUTHENTIC Salvadorian food...I'm going to trust my friend on that since that's what she said. I had the bean and cheese papusas and they were amazing. My friends had tamales, fried plantains, tostones, Grilled steak with onions, fresh cheese, queso, and beans. Everyone was raving about how good the food was. My one friend said it was the best beef she's ever had. So, if you want some great, affordable, authentic food definitely check this place out.

Reviewed 2 September 2016

My artist friend, Cindy Podgorski and I decided to try something new and dropped in for dinner at La Casita Salvadorena. The atmosphere was wonderful, the service super and the food off the charts!
The Lomo con cebollas y hongos (NY strip with onions and mushrooms melted in our mouths).
The taste and texture of the tamales had us ordering multiple versions. The chips were freshly baked as were the tortillas--the salsa just spicy enough.
My first foray into Salvadoran cuisine but not my last!

1  Thank kentwallace
Reviewed 18 March 2016

Since I discovered this place a couple of weeks ago, I have been there 3-4 a week for lunch. They offer specials for $5.99. Food is very good, portions are large, service is fast.
The pupusas are good. I really enjoyed their soups as well.

Reviewed 2 February 2016

First plus - Not a Chain !!!! This location is in one of the many non-descript plazas that dot Commercial. It is near I-95 so it is easy to get to. The interior is pleasant, but plain, and not very fancy. Very casual in fact. The staff at the time has limited English, but were very nice, very pleasant, and very helpful. The menu is also in English. We were urged to try Salvadoran cuisine from a family member who spent time in ElSavador. Our experience was wonderful. We wanted to try Pupupas which are a pancake like entree that can be filled with various ground meats or vegetables. They are served with unique tangy toppings that are a definite must try. Meals begin with chips and delicious salsa. Lunch specials start at 5.99... So lunch is a must try. Dinner menu is extremely affordable. A family can eat and not go broke. They have various meat choices so there is something for everyone. Delicious Flan and tres leche.

Reviewed 18 November 2015

The Food was delicious! The service is AMAZING, we called the waiter to our table 3 times and he was okay with it. Not once did he show any negative and unpleasant behavior. However, he was really helpful. The atmosphere is nice and quiet.