“Construction outside almost done - food inside still AHmazing”
Review of Cielito Lindo

Cielito Lindo
Ranked #23 of 115 Restaurants in Oakland Park
Description: Cielito Lindo has their beginning in the spring of 1985 when we opened our first restaurant in Pompano Beach. Then, as now, each dish was faithfully created from favorite recipes passed down from generation to generation and brought with us from Mexico. Over the years, we have taken great pride in offering our guests fine foods of Mexico prepared and served with dedication to the best of Mexico's traditions. New dishes are constantly bring created and adapted for your enjoyment and dining pleasure. Our popular "Especialidades de la Casa" reflects the high quality long associated with Cielito Lindo Restaurants, and now seafood dishes, "Pescado del Mar," compliment our new Cielito Lindo Restaurants. Welcome to Cielito Lindo's. Enjoy your visit, and come again soon.
Reviewed 22 May 2016

Such a warm, welcoming place - you could almost forgive them if the food wasn't good - but, thankfully, it's fantastic. My sister and BIL drove down from Palm Bay to take me out for a birthday dinner. Knowing how much they love Mexican food, this was the first place I thought of. Since they picked up the tab, I can't say what we spent for the four of us, but this place is always reasonable. I had the palamilla (skirt steak) with plantains and red beans and rice. Oh, and two blue curacao margaritas. (Don't judge, it was my birthday). Again, wonderful food, excellent service, local folks. Don't miss this place.

Reviewed 3 April 2016

Great find on the road. Friendly, clean locally owned Mexican restaurant. Very helpful and knowledgable staff, quick service and great food. Apparently it has been here 30 years, they must being doing it all right. We were especially pleased that they accommodated vegetarians as well. Besides a vegetarian section many of the dishes on the extensive Mexican and Cuban menu can be adapted for vegetarians.

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

The construction outside the restaurant is not good but the food inside was very good.
Nice restaurant and good service.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

4 star for local Mexican food. 2 weeks ago 3 adults, 2 little kids, and a baby came in for dinner. Drinks chips salsa and guacamole immediately. Real food, meat, fish, traditional Mexican, tacos, enchiladas, etc. Staff was wonderful. Not freaked out by the kids mess. They all came out to sing happy birthday with the fried ice cream. It's a keeper.

was there again tonight for second, still excellent.

Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

The food is fine. Had a choice of two restaurants that are same in food. Decided on Cielito Lindo which I have eaten at before. Went to order arroz con pollo (chicken & yellow rice) ask to get 1/4 more chicken. Was told by Connie that I could not order the extra piece because the manager was not in (6:15 pm). I & other person said had no problem paying extra. Told no way it could be done. I know it seem a small thing but ruined my dinner. Check #244569-1. So from now on will go where I can enjoy my dinner. La Bamba and yes you can get a extra piece of chicken.

1  Thank John L
Hector C, Manager at Cielito Lindo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2016

Hola John, it is unfortunate that you had a negative experience with the wait staff. We can assure you that your situation does not happen often and that training is an on-going process. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and we will use it as an example in our staff meetings. Our goal is to make every customer leave with a smile on their face so that they will return to enjoy our delicious food.