“AUTHENTIC Mexican Restaurant and Grocery”

Tortilleria Mexicana
Ranked #37 of 124 Restaurants in Oakland Park
Reviewed 8 February 2016

If you want a real Tamale' or other hand made Mexican dish for a great value with an ice cold Dos Equis beer, this is it!

Reviewed 3 February 2016

This is the real deal. Superb Mexican fare. Tender meat, perfect mix of flavors, and substantial portions. This is neither Tex/Mex nor Americanized Mexican imitation, it's Mexican food cooked like you were in the heart of Mexico itself. You don't necessarily go for the ambience, but you'll definitely want to go back for the food and the pleasure of eating.

Reviewed 23 December 2015

This is a combination of a shop where you can find a lot of imported Mexican produce and gift items, religious or other, and a simple side restaurant. We were the only non-Mexican diners. Great food. We both had a bowl of beef soup which was to die for. I then had green sauce enchiladas, which were equally excellent with sides of beans and rice. A great local Mexican fix.
Charming service.

Reviewed 9 November 2015

This place is good - nice selection of tacos. DO NOT forget to pile on their red sauce - it has to be the best I've had here in Florida. Service is friendly, prices are great!

Reviewed 17 September 2015

I was told by a friend of mine who happens to be from Mexico to try this place. He said thesis the most authentic place he has been to in Florida. I had the tacos all flavors. They were delicious. I have also tried the tamales and they were outstanding. Along with the verde sauce it was a meal worth talking about days after having it. They make fresh tortillas daily and when I make tacos at home, I buy a fresh pound of them and my taco are incredible. I love this place....one of my favorite places to eat at!