“Good Mexican Food”

Quates Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #60 of 115 Restaurants in Oakland Park
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Nice and simple place. Delicious food. Super friendly staff. We had vegetarian quesadilla and camarones al ajillo.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

This former Arizonan is forever on the hunt for Mex in SoFla that is similar in style and quality to the many outstanding Mex restaurants of Phoenix and Tucson. This quest has led to one letdown after another. But I am so pleased to report that this clean, friendly, and affordable cantina serves up truly delicious and authentic Mex. While the food is not identical in style to that which is typical in Arizona, it is closer by far than any other I've tried here. And it's so tasty that it doesn't matter. I had a taco combo plate, one beef, one chicken. Refried beans, rice, chips, and house-made salsa were all great. The tacos were homestyle, with potato blended into the meat fillings, and were fabulous. I encourage all y'all to give this place a try!

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

I think this must be the "new" Quates as the waitress said they had only been open for three months. Great cheap eats here. Although it says Mexican, the menu seems to include items influenced by Central American fare as well. I asked our waitress where the staff was from and confirmed my hunch as some of the staff is from El Salvador and some from Mexico.

Very reasonably priced, service is attentive. I had the cornitas de cerdo and my friend the verde burrito. The cornitas were delicious and served with pico, guac, cheese and garnish. The verde burrito with shredded chicken was smothered in a green sauce with rice and beans. Their version of chile verde wasn't exactly the New Mexican or Arizonan version, but still tasty. Definitely worth a try and worth going back to.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

Had lunch the other day at Quates. The food was more than I expected and the waitress was more than accommodating and friendly. Great lunch menu and I would guess that the dinner menu is just as good. They are in the process of expanding the menu and I would expect to see additions to food and beverages in the near future.
Will experience again for lunch and then we will have the dinner.
A good bet - just not too fancy!

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

New owners and serve Mexican food, larger menu and better selections.
Ordered the Mexican Pizza, very good with a nice taste.
Now called Quates Mexican Restaurant.