“Authentic Greek”

Greek Grille & Gallery
Ranked #6 of 87 Restaurants in North Port
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: OPA! The Greek Grille & Gallery offers Authentic Greek Cuisine in a 38 seat open casual setting. Geek Style Meze, Souvalki, Gyros, Spanokopita, Saganaki, Lamb and many other Greek favorites!Featuring Imported Greek Wines & Beers. Extra Virgin Olive Oils, Spices, Teas & Olive Oil Soaps available for purchase.Browse the gallery of local artwork on display too!
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Best authentic Greek food around! I always get the lamb wrap. Home made pita bread, thinly sliced lamb medium rare, onions and tzatziki sauce...yummy! Atmosphere is dated however and the owner is also the waiter. He does not want to hire help so sometimes the wait is long. It is worth it. Great appetizers and cheese imported from Greece. Love this place, hire some wait staff.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 29 August 2018

We've been here twice, the visits a year apart. Our main concern is how slow the service is. It seems they could use another server, or perhaps another cook and another server. This visit, my husband had chicken schawarma, which had a lot of chicken but not many vegetables. He said he would probably have liked it better in a wrap. I had pastitsio, which wasn't as thick (tall) as I expected and which fell apart. The flavor of both dishes was good, and we both thought the side salad was very good. The pita was mediocre at best. On one plate it was as hard and crunchy as toast, although the other plate had a serving that was softer. If we return to this restaurant, it will likely be at lunch, not dinner, and we'll try the gyros.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 26 August 2018

Most of the food here is very good - I love gyros so I order them quite often. It's a small place with odd hours - I believe the gentleman who owns it is semi-retired - but it's worth a stop if you're in the area when he's open. Very friendly owner who also offers a variety of Greek goods for sale. Only complaint I've ever had is the French fries - they're done before they're black! I've asked a few times to cook them a bit less but they still get burnt. Also they only sell sodas in glass bottles so no refills and very inefficient from a business and environmental standpoint. I'd love to see a soda fountain here (especially since most soda company vendors will install one for free or at a very low cost). Otherwise great!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

The atmosphere is warm and inviting even though the restaurant itself is small. Reservations are a good idea because it is a small space and it's well worth it. The food is delicious and the staff is very friendly

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 24 June 2018

The owner states everything served in the restaurant is imported, nothing comes from local sources which means a lot of canned and frozen ingredients. The Saginaki and had a gyro dolma (fried cheese and stuffed grape leaves) were ok, Saginaki tasted good but was room temp, the grape leaves were canned like they always are but these tasted a little different but the rice was undercooked. We both had the gyro platter, The meat was room temp and was fried to re-heat. The pitas were tough and the sides were canned. With all that our bill came to $72 and we did not have liquer, just iced tea.

Date of visit: June 2018