“Very Good Caribbean food”

D & G Caribbean Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 86 Restaurants in North Port
Reviewed 28 August 2017

This restaurant is small but it has a few seats.The folks are courteous! I usually do take out. I have not been disappointed at all. My favorite is the curry goat. I usually get the small plate because the large is enough for two meals. My daughter loves the oxtail. Nice portions. On the days they have soup you must call ahead because they sell out fast! It is just that good.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank miayoung
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

I've been several times my favorite days to go are Friday and Saturday because of the soup.. They have different soups daily. They have lunch special offers from $5 to $8 we've had almost everything on the menu. sometimes it's good sometimes it's very good. I'm Caribbean so I know how it's cooked and what it's supposed to taste like give them a try.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank Go539176
Reviewed 9 April 2016

I stopped in to pick up dinner to go after purchasing ($$ Paid) a coupon on restaurant.com. It was specifically for takeout only. Thai is probably the best option as the place has no atmosphere and the utensils are plastic.

I tried to order several things on the menu and they were out of several of them. Apparently they only cook a few items each day. I opted for jerk pork, it was very dry and overcooked, My wife had oxtail, too much fat and not much flavor.

My biggest complaint is that after ordering the food which the person waiting on my at the counter said that they weren't honoring the coupon even though they are currently selling the online. She said the owner wasn't accepting them and that other people had also tried to use them. According to her the deal was to good as it amounted to getting the food at a big discount.

This person didn't know what was going on and refused to honor what they are advertising. I called restaurant.com and were informed that they are still selling them and that the restaurants know exactly what the offer is.

This establishment should be avoided, considering the food you get for the money it is not worth the price either.

Date of visit: April 2016