“First night in Palm Beach”
Review of Dockside Sea Grille - CLOSED

Dockside Sea Grille
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Dockside Sea Grille serves the freshest seafood in Lake Park, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens and North Palm Beach. Whether it be Maryland crabcakes, a Maine Lobster Roll, or the fresh catch of the day, Dockside can fill all your seafood needs.At Dockside Sea Grille, we've poured our heart and soul creating a small locally owned business that takes pride in creative, uniqely crafted seafood filled with outside the box ideas. We aren't Applebee's, TGI Fridays, Olive Garden or any type of corporate restaurant and we certainly don't do things by the book. We love to acknowledge our customers, getting to know more about them, their favorite drinks, and menu items. Dockside is a hole in the wall local Lake Park, West Palm Beach, and North Palm Beach restaurant and we love our customers, friends, and family that we get to share it with. We hope to see you soon! So stop in and enjoy great food and drink while dining outside on the water under the thatched tiki roof.
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Wonderful outdoor dining. Food was great and our waitress was very friendly. Very relaxed atmosphere - would definitely recommend.

Date of visit: October 2013

Reviewed 22 August 2013

i moved here less than a year ago and have been looking for an excellant affordable place for seafood and this is it.You would never know from the outside stuck in what appears to be a shopping center front but is actually on an inlet from lake worth or intracoastal.i got a side salad that was huge for 595 with prob the best homemade sun dried tomato based vinagrette ive had..there is so much on the menu i wanted to try but got a fried basket with 3 items.the fish is grouper so i doubleded up on that and got scallops too. the scallops were huge and fresh...... i mean huge,prob 4 times the size of an average sea scallop and i got two main course was 20$ and well worth it.the grouper was fresh and thick fingered chunks in a lite fried batter,very tasty..got a strong rum drink as well to top it off.there are lots of seafood places around here as it is so close to the ocean but if you skip the ocean front view and go here the food and presentation is superb.I will be back as soon as i can to try another dish 5 stars all the way

Date of visit: August 2013
2  Thank cocoabeachie
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

The restaurant has potential but needs a makeover with service and staff as well. The prices are high for the atmosphere and it is dark. It has been there a long time though so people must go. We go once a month but just for oysters and martinis nothing more. Went last night and even though owner is sweet the place needs a good cleaning. And new menu. To not have a different soup of the day in two years is lazy. It's hard for me to be negative but I have to be honest, last night probably last time.

Date of visit: August 2013
1  Thank PKexperience
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Price was very high for the quality and quantity of food provided. My daughter's shrimp and sweet potato fries for 13.95 - 4 shrimp and fries that must have been cooked in oil that was 3 months old they were so soggy. She would have gotten 6 shrimp if they had given her what she ordered instead of the appetizer, but that would have been 16.95. They did reduce the check to just the price of the appetizer, 10.95, after 3 trips to the kitchen and 30 minutes. My stuffed flounder was okay, but for 16.95 thought the whole meal would at least be enough to satisfy or at least a little flavor. The side order of green beans contained beans (approx. 1/3) that were long past fresh. The garnish, which isn't real important as far as the meal is concerned, crumbled into pieces when I tried to remove it from my plate. My wife's blackened salmon dockside salad was little more than lettuce with nasty looking and tasting olives and overcooked salmon.

I think the food was ok at best. The problem is it was a two person show. The owner/cook/waiter/decision maker and his inexperienced waitress who is unfamiliar with the restaurant, the menu and how to work with people. I think unless this gets fixed this restaurant won't be around too much longer.

Date of visit: July 2013
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I have no idea how anyone could rate this establishment anything but a one star. First it is filthy. The windows and doors haven't been cleaned in years. I can only imagine what the kitchen looks like. When you enter it's a very dark narrow room. You are lead to the back area overlooking a small lagoon. The deck area is also dirty the tables and chairs are old and rusty. The silverware was dirty.
There were three in our party. The lobster roll had virtually no lobster in it. The steak sandwich was small and lacked any flavor. Lastly I ordered a bowl of soup and salad thinking that might be safe. I asked for the soup first. After about 25 minutes all the food arrived with an apology re the soup not being brought out first. The soup must have sat somewhere and was cold.
When we left I checked another room in this establishment it contained the buffet area. OMG I wont go into details other then to say STAY AWAY.

Date of visit: June 2013