“Delicious and affordable Thai”
Review of Ricky Thai Bistro

Ricky Thai Bistro
Ranked #3 of 125 Restaurants in North Miami
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Another great repeat performance by the folks at Ricky Thai. This trip: Pork Spring rolls for an appetizer followed by Red Curry with seafood and veggies served with a side of white rice. Yummy. $25.00 Not too shabby.

The Red Curry was bursting with flavors. Every spoonful had something other than the delicious broth, a piece of seafood, or a veggie. Put rice on your spoon, dip into the curry mixture, let the flavors be absorbed into the sweetness of the rice, and then you know why you waited to be seated.

This is a small bistro. Free parking in the back. You can also call for take out.

I did not rate "one of the best" because the question is not fair. I eat out a lot, and there is a difference between "the best" and "very good." Ricky Thai is great cheap eats. It is very, very good. It is not a white linen restaurant that one would compare to a fine dining experience.

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed 4 January 2017

I went because of the good Trip advisor ratings and had a very positive experience. They have a large Asian beer selection that I wasn't familiar with. I asked for a beer with some body and was given a Red Ale 9% alcohol that was great. Went on week night and was seated immediately. Shared a Drunken Noodles and Masaman Curry with Shrimp. I will return

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

A friend of mine was in town and said he and his fiancé had been to Ricky Thai a number of times and never had a bad meal. That's a pretty good endorsement and after reading other reviews, I thought I should try it.

Now, I don't live far from Ricky Thai but it's not in an area I travel to often. I really didn't know this place was even here. But I sure won't forget it now.

It's not a very large establishment (but that's not a bad thing). The staff are super friendly and are happy to make recommendations. Everything is made to order, so if you don't do well with "spicy", they'll accommodate your needs.

We started with the veggie spring roll appetizer. They were crispy, flavorful, and absolutely delicious. I could eat 10 orders of them.

I followed the appetizer with Tom Yum Goong, a mildly spicy soup with Thai herbs, shrimp, and veggies. It was superb. Again, you can opt for more or less spice if you like.

My main was Pad Thai w/Shrimp. It was a rather large portion (and could probably be shared) but I was hungry and finished the entire thing...almost. The shrimp were plentiful. Nice clean, fresh jumbos. The sauce complimented the perfectly cooked rice noodles nicely, and I really liked the veggies. The chopped peanuts really completed that dish.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take photos of the dishes I ordered. I'll have to remember to do so next time. Just know that this is one place you definitely need to check out.

FYI, my friend ordered the coconut soup. I can't remember the name but he said it was awesome. And he had the Thai Fried Rice.

We had no room for dessert :(

He only downside to the location of this restaurant is that to get into the parking lot you have to go several blocks done the road and basically make a big u-turn...but it's SO worth it.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

Finally a good Thai place in our area! It's been a struggle to find authenticity and quality. But Ricky's is the real thing. Most places are not real Thai. Just Chinese masquerading as Thai and covered in grease. This place is really good. The dining room is small and the portions are big (family size). Well worth the prices.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 24 September 2016

My girlfriend makes me take her here every time she visits me. I have tried half of the menu by now and I have to say that it is some of the most authentic Thai food I have ever had. (I have been to Thailand).

Definitely get the Red Curry. You will not regret it.... unless you ask for hot spice.... go mild at first, they're sense of spice is a little bias.....lol

Date of visit: August 2016