See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 April 2017

Recently stayed here for a long weekend and brought a boat along. Nice place and will stay again. Ben the owner was friendly and helpful. We stayed in the penthouse upstairs and nice deck with view of the ICW.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2017

Finding Casey Key was such a pleasant surprise! I was looking for something affordable and on a beach so we could attend my nephews wedding in Venice. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised at this little piece of heaven, right of the "mainland". We stayed in room #4 also, and it was very clean and cute! The fact that you are literally a 2 minute walk to the beach is perfect! Harbor lights is in such a great location and the beach is quiet and beautiful.The Jetty down the street was the best place ever to see boats coming in and out of the gulf, and the dolphins love to play there! My husband and I have been recommending this place to everyone up north where we live!

Room Tip: All rooms were very nice!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2017

We stayed in room 4, which is an efficiency unit.
Very nice stay, the room had nice quaint decor with a decently stocked mini-kitchen with table and two chairs, a twin sized bed, flat screen tv with seemingly basic Dish Network, bathroom had a decent sized shower stall with a tall shower head.
There's an access path to the beach right across the street, which if you know Nokomis, is not a big distance. There's also seating in the small courtyard and on the dock on the canal side..
We know we had neighbors because we talked with them outside, but never heard a peep once inside.
Rachel took care of the room (we arrived early) and could not have been more pleasant!!!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is where you will find the comforts of "home" on vacation. Everything you need is here - do you like going to the beach - walk across the street - do you like to fish - sit on one of the chairs in back on the canal - do you want a place to enjoy family and friends for a BBQ/party - the middle lanai is perfect! We celebrated our friends birthday and even had a celebrity guest join in (a neighbor!). Absolutely a home away from home. We highly recommend....make this your next reservation - you will return just like us, I am sure....this is our 2nd time and we will definitely go back. The owners are OUTSTANDING, caring, and absolutely the friendliest couple you will find. They want to make your vacation SPECIAL! It shows.....in all they say and do!

Room Tip: Cottages by the canal offer a more quiet stay, upstairs is 2 bedrooms, down is 1 bedroom....the cottages up front are perfect for enjoying the neighbors and saying hello - one is a studio and the other a 1 bedroom, each are delightfully decorated by Miss Rachel :o) And there is a laundry room, a grill, and if you have a pet....that is okay too! And if you want to find a place to eat....a short walk down the street and over the bridge are two great restaurants for you to enjoy....and I have to recommend the Drum Circle on Wednesday and Sunday ---for the sunsets....a beautiful experience! Bring your camera....
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MaxandDiane
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

I haven't enjoyed a getaway so much in ages! Four days (three nights) at Casey Key's Harbor Lights Beach Resort was a welcome change from the jumble of accommodations offered on crowded Siesta Key, and at half the price!

My charming one-bedroom unit (#2) had the look and feel of a classic beach cottage (though it was attached to one other unit). Clean, well-furnished for a long-term stay (old-fashioned TV, but good enough); very pretty decoration; fresh not tired-looking like so many places I've seen for rent; located only steps away from a quiet, beautiful beach; and a five minute drive to Venice Island dining and shopping. Perfect!

The Nokomis Public Beach is within easy walking distance of Harbor Lights Beach Resort if you prefer a public beach to a more private one; and a two-minute drive to the new, waterfront park at the end of the key.

Harbor Lights Beach Resort will be my first choice next time I'm in the area. It has everything I look for in a beach retreat, at an unbeatable price!

• Stayed: June 2013