“Worth the calories and a detour”
Review of Octopus's Garden

Octopus's Garden
Ranked #117 of 195 Restaurants in New Smyrna Beach
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Description: Take-out with an outdoor dining area focusing on New England seafood such as Lobster (live tank on premises), chowder, fresh cod, real whole belly fried clams and steamers. House smoked meats, salads and great sandwiches.
Reviewed 15 January 2016

I hate wasting meals or calories on mediocre. After a long drive visiting friends in North Florida and having no food at my condo, I stopped by for a late lunch intending to try the restaurant that had previously been at this location. The previous location had been a crab shack but Octopus' Garden focuses on lobster rolls. I was offered a choice of cold with a little mayo or warm with butter, I had the cold. The lobster roll was moist and tasty and loaded with lobster. It was served with a side of creamy cole slaw and great fries which were hot and obviously cooked in very fresh oil. A cup of catsup was thoughtfully provided without my even asking. Overall delicious! The weather wasn't nice so I ate in my car but there are lots of tables outside. Also would be good for take out if you can wait to eat. Nice friendly service too.

4  Thank AnAnthropologist