“Outstanding Crab Cakes!”
Review of Cafe Heavenly

Cafe Heavenly
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Heavenly is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 26 January 2016

We stopped here for lunch on a chilly afternoon. It was pretty busy so we sat at the bar. It took us a while to figure out that you actually have to go to the cash register to order your food. The food was delivered to us at the bar as it was ready.

The Lobster Bisque was just OK. The Crab and Corn chowder was very tasty and full of crab. The Crab Cakes were outstanding. They were loaded with crab and cooked perfectly. We will definitely go back to have them again.

As we sat at the bar we watched the pizza chef making some very interesting looking pizzas. There is a big, wood-fired pizza oven in the corner next to the bar. We might try one of those pizzas next time too.

Reviewed 23 January 2016

We went here during the Flagler Ave Wine Walk. Nice selection of wines for drinking in or purchase to go. The folks couldn't have been friendlier and gave us samples of their award winning lobster bisque. Yum! The housemade vanilla ice cream and orange ginger dark chocolate gelato were the best I've ever had. They also have a full menu including a lobster roll we will be trying tomorrow for lunch.

Reviewed 13 January 2016

Out for a "lunch date" with my wife. We traveled south from Palm Coast to Flagler Avenue in old town New Smyrna Beach. I had not visited Flagler Avenue before. It was a real treat to see the "historic downtown" shops and homes in the area. Lunch time came and we had just passed a quaint little place with a sign out front advertising lobster rolls. The suggested idea got my attention. So we turned around and headed back to Cafe Heavenly and lobster rolls. Parking was limited. The inside reminded me of a 50's era diner. Go to the cash register to order which we did. I elected to have the Lobster roll served warm with drawn butter on the side (other choice for the lobster roll was cold meat in mayonnaise). Wife had lobster tacos. Sat down at a table for two and waited for our delicious treat. Only about 6 tables in the place. In a few minutes the lobster treats made it to our table. A Caesar salad with shaved parmesan came with both our orders. Staff very friendly and helpful. Service was great. Food excellent. Extensive menu. Plastic flatware, food served in basket. A steady flow of people coming and going meaning food is being moved. I opted for a smoothie and my wife wife selected soda. Although a bit pricey, overall experience was very good and I would recommend the restaurant to my friends. You were paying for the quality of the food and the down home relaxed ambience.

Reviewed 8 January 2016

This little place is a smoothie, sandwich, seafood, and pizza place all in one small place. The prices are stupid high. I won;t go back.

Reviewed 6 January 2016

the sandwiches were OK but way overpriced. Pizza mediocre. Might go there with vegetarian friends, but otherwise meh

Date of visit: December 2015