“Satisfied”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ate here when we got off the Turtle Mound River Cruise. They share the same parking lot. Good food, good service

Write a ReviewReviews (1,552)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I went there for a drink and appetizer in the afternoon, then went back for dinner that night. A lot of “fish camp” atmosphere, and very popular place with the locals. Good place to buy a JB tee shirt, too. Just a “must do” place.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

As a Smyrna Native, I grew up playing by the docks and eating crab legs at the famous J.B.’s - The variety and design of the place is spot on, but the ambience, service and quality could use a Bar Rescue overhaul.

My best girlfriend and I came to rent kayaks & decided to grab a snack and a beverage at the bar before making our voyage. The second we sat down we were asked for ID by the bartender a bit abrasively. I thought it was friendly banter, until she scolded my guest for not bringing her ID inside. She never planned to order anything but water, and only left her things in the car to avoid taking them on the river.

Things got even weirder when she used a condescending tone to inform me of Florida’s hospitality laws prohibiting those under 21 from sitting at the bar. (FALSE) - I’ve worked in the service industry for years and I wouldn’t dream of treating a guest at my bar the way we were treated.

We had a snack. The bartender tried to recover with insincere, robotic service after the awkward initial encounter. We decided not to spend any money on the kayaks and left.

The worst is when you hardly pay attention to the experience, food, value or tidiness because your just want to get out of there. Middle-aged bartender working a day shift. Don’t upset her!

1  Thank MalloryR105
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

A great seafood bar on the bay. The fried shrimp, scallops and oysters were excellent. The service was on spot. Loved the live music. All topped off by the dolphins playing in the bay. I highly a visit.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

JB's is an institution in south NSB. You can sit and drink while watching the boats, manatee or dolphins go by. You can order Seafood, fries and coleslaw which is good but not great. Or you can rent a kayak and paddle in the intercoastal . In fact you can walk across the road and go to the beach.