“True taste of Florida! Fantastic intercoastal views Manatees, Dolphins and MORE!”

J.B.'s Fish Camp & Restaurant
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 21 May 2018

When we stepped into JB's Fish Camp we Knew we had found our Favorite Restaurant in the entire state of Florida! Fresh delicious seafood, clams, oysters and fish caught that same morning. Be sure to order the "Turtle Mound Sampler" this dish offers a taste of everything you could imagine from the bay to the ocean. We loved sitting out on the deck and saw a Manatee, dolphins swimming out in the intercoastal and Osprey diving for fish. A nature experience as well as delicious food! My husband even tried the blackened Gator tail and loved it! Everyone was so nice and friendly and the service was excellent. The bar also had some great refreshing drinks to top off the evening~ One of my Favorite places ever experienced!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,534)

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

The view is great! The overall atmosphere is fun! But the food is overall just...ok. The 2 times I’ve been here the food was under seasoned and everything is fried. Step up the food and this place would be over the top awesome.

2  Thank jamesmalone_big
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

We used to go to JB’s a lot over 25 years ago. However due to kids and life we’ve only made infrequent stops over the years.

During a recent vacation we made 3 trips and they were all very good. The hushpuppies are great. The fish basket for $9 is a steal! The grouper salad is very fresh. The smoked fish dip is still delicious and a rare treat in Florida now days. If you like crab cakes then you can’t miss either. And finally, $7.50 for the shrimp cocktail is a bargain. Personally I still love the boiled shrimp with jungle juice but they take some effort because it’s peel n eat shrimp. No longer do you eat on paper stapled to the table but the food is still just as good. Enjoy old Florida seafood at reasonable prices while you still can.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Three generations of our family and something suitable for all. Naturally heavy on the fish and we all had fish dishes from the extensive menu. I enjoyed Mahi sandwich, others large prawns, crab etc. All clean plates. We sat outside overlooking the water and Dock. Pelicans and Dolphin were around and other sea birds and Manatee. Certainly an atmospheric spot to enjoy a leasurely lunch. Not too expensive considering the spot. The gift shop was full of products advertising JB's and to my mind, overpriced, but that's just me! Been before and will be back, as overall, a lovely lunch with my family.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

We decided to give this place a try while waiting for our tour next door. We were seated right away outside as requested. The scenery was beautiful and the band was great. It took awhile for our server to greet us but she was nice. I had the burger and fries, nothing special but tasty. My boyfriend had the plain fish sandwich and wish he would have tried the cajun instead. I was told by others seated that the drink rum runner was awesome but I opted for a cola.