“Sunset View”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

My husband has been going here since he was a child. I've been eating here since '89.
It's had its ups and downs. Food is good, food is not so good.
We've had good service and bad service.
Well, today we enjoyed the remodeling of JB's since Irma's destruction.
The remodeling is awesome. Still has the same vibe.
Food was better than ever.
Ask for Wendy! She's wonderful!
My husband loves fish dip, I don't. I do now thanks to Wendy for her right on description of it.
She also recommended the Rock cake.
Rock shrimp cake with a spicy twist.
Don't miss this!
Very pleased with the new JB's!
Oh, and the sunset was nice too.
Wendy, we'll be back to see you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,533)

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

When in a fish restaurant, you order fish. This menu features things other than fish, but we ordered the fish basket, which came with 5 pieces of fish, a huge amount of French fries, and coke slaw. If you aren’t starving, this would be good to share with another person. The restaurant has a nice, quaint, beach vibe to it.

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

The food here is solid pub fare. The fish basket was really good and the fries are done crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
As a local institution....they are reliably a good meal.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

My wife and I ate dinner here while we were in the area on vacation. The restaurant sits on a lagoon with absolutely amazing sunset views. I would recommend going during sunset. You won't be disappointed with the views. You also have a choice to sit inside or outside. The only concern I have with sitting outside is you may get eaten. The night we were there we did not get bit but we brought our kids back to take sunset photos from the dock and we were literally eaten alive! The food and service was very good and the prices were reasonable. My wife and I also tried the key lime pie and it was to die for. I highly recommend this place. It has a great family atmosphere!

Reviewed 2 December 2017

We enjoy the newly remodeled J.B.'s Fish Camp and Restaurant south of New Smyrna Beach. Mother Nature can't hold them back from serving good food. They are handicap accessible, have indoor and outdoor seating, a bar, and tonight had live music outside. We were greeted by the Hostess and seated quickly at a table of our choice. The inside dining area was very clean. I ordered the Fried Shrimp Basket with a side of Hushpuppies. Everything was delicious and fresh. On a side note, they have water sport rentals on the property and a gift shop that sells T-shirts and assorted other items.