“Tiki Hut and Restaurant at the New Smyrna Beach Marina”

Outriggers Tiki Bar and Grille
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 February 2017

Outriggers has an active bar and restaurant scene that overlooks the boats and yachts in the sheltered waterway. Outdoor tables fill up fast on weekends and warm days and reservations are necessary. Food is typical Tiki Hut fare with good nachos and crab cakes. The firepit, entertainment, boat pier and complementary valet parking provide extra incentive for trying this waterfront destination.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

Stopped off here over a lunchtime for cocktails and nibbles.
Right by the marine, so enjoyed looking at the boats. Lots of people having lunch here.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Went to Outriggers with my husband while on vacation in NSB. Outriggers was recommended by the employees and guests of our hotel. I ordered Fried Green Tomato app. and when brought to the table, I could not cut the tomatoes with a knife. The breading was very thick and heavy and the tomato was very undercooked. The Drunken Mermaid sandwich was Mahi Mahi this day and the fish tasted good, but again was over breaded. My husband ordered the burger with steak fries that were basically a whole large potato cut into quarters. Huge "fries" that were not at all to his liking. I would guess that most people go for the water view, but do not go for the food, service or drinks. This was the worst meal we have had since we have been here for 4 days.

1  Thank pharmacygirl3
Reviewed 6 February 2017

We had been recommended this place as being excellent. The location certainly is, the outside deck is a great place to eat and watch the water. It was busy so we opted for a shorter wait and an inside table. We both ordered fish from the catch of the day list. After about 10 mins someone appeared to tell us that they were out of Grouper - OK - plan B ! We both ordered Snapper , Grilled , it arrived so covered in pepper seasoning that the fish was almost not discernible as a taste. I do not like to pay $25 for fish I cannot taste ! The server assured us that this was standard for "grilled" - if so we will not be ordering that again at Outriggers.
I am quite prepared to give it another go but next time will be very careful about enquiring about the preparation and presentation of whatever dish I order.

Ian C, Manager at Outriggers Tiki Bar and Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2017

Good Morning Dave, I apologize that you did not love your experience at Outriggers. Keeping our "Fish of the Moment" fresh does mean here and there we do run out of it. While grilled fish is still seasoned I understand you feel like it was overly done. Please ask for me next time you are in and we would be happy to prepare it however you like!

Cheers!

Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

fab fun place.. great staff...location is great also...Been 3 x so far going back again .. valet parking a big help on weekends also