“Regular family vacation spot”
Review of Blackbeards Inn

Blackbeards Inn
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Casual Seafood Prime Rib Steaks and Raw Bar
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

We eat here several times while we are in town. The salad bar is phenomenal and the soup that comes with it is more than phenomenal. The early bird prime rib is excellent. In fact best you will have ever likely. Oysters are also a staple for us to get. Also recommend the crab cakes!!! Can't go wrong really.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Leaving beach area and at stop light again and the Oysters called our name. Pulled in walked into bar area and after eyes adjusted found a quaint bar with a few tables and friendly bartender. Sat at bar and ordered a dozen oysters and 2 draws. $20.00. The oysters I thought were great. And we had 14 total. On our way somewhere else looked at menu and definitely coming back for more oysters and plan on dinner there. Nice to see several local guys came in after golfing to payout and collect there winnings. Always like to see locals.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Everything we had was great! The salad bar and fish soup was a nice start. They bring out hot rolls including those famous cinnamon rolls. I ordered the prime rib off the early bird menu and it was huge. The hushpuppy was out of this world. I can't say enough good things about the restaurant, the service and the food! Just go.

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

The price is something for special occasions (birthdays, anniversary, work party, etc) we spent $75 for two of us and ordered 2 entrees and 1 soda. However the food quality is fantastic. And the service is great too. We love coming here a few times a year for a special date night!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

My brother moved to New Smyrna Beach in 1978. Blackbeards was one of the first resaurants we visited. And every time I returned to NSB we would include at least one meal there on our agenda.

I lost my brother in the year 2000, and it seemed that Blackbeards dropped off of my itinerary. There were new restaurants, and my visits were shorter, and it just didn't happen.

Now that I am living here I thought it was time to revisit an old favorite. And I was not disappointed.

A varied menu has something for everyone. And at prices that won't break the bank.

Friendly service helps, but the food quality and quantity are both great.

I had the ribs and blackened shrimp combo. The half order of ribs was as large as many full orders I have received at rib houses. And the blackened shrimp were delicious. All for just under $22.

But that is only part of the value. Included in that price is a full salad bar and soup bar, And your meal comes with fresh rolls, a large hush puppy, and cinnamon rolls for dessert.

The sea food is always a good choice, but they also boast the areas best prime rib. I will give that a try my next time there.

We had company in from out of town, and everyone had a fine time.

No ocean view or elegant dining. But a real family restaurant in the old Florida style that just keeps doing the simple things well.

I am sorry I went so long between visits. I will be back frequently in the future. And I will come hungry. But I won't leave that way.