“Good place to eat”
Review of Johnny Grits

Johnny Grits
Ranked #11 of 249 Restaurants in New Port Richey
Reviewed 6 August 2018

We had the steak while we were there. Place has always been clean and good service. We always get a booth when we go to eat. They have a band or someone playing music outside.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Had family come up to visit from out of town and my wife, son and I planned to show them what this little place in our town had to offer. Unfortunately it wasn't what we expected. We sat for an hour and a half and we're only served water, oj and tea while every party that sat after us was served; including the party of 10.
Wjen we finally decided to leave because my 6 year old was starting, I asked to pay for my drinks and they let us leave without even an apology.

NEVER EVER AGAIN!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

I hope this was just a bad day for the staff because the food was delicious. We waited over an hour to get our food and had no silverware when it arrived. We asked at least four times for silverware, but had to go inside and get it ourselves. Silverware wasn’t overly clean, but we were not waiting another hour for clean silverware. Waitress rarely checked on us and was apathetic to the fact that we had waited so long. The bill was wrong and the waitress tried to tell me that an up charge was listed in the menu. While it was listed with the omelettes, I did not order one. She finally relented and took the up charge off my bill.

I watched at least three other tables of people leave before getting their food due to the terrible service. This place has great food but our experience was negatively overshadowed by the terrible service.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

We went to breakfast with our travel buddies this morning, It is always a pleasure to spend time with them. We have hadn't tried this Johnny Grits location(There is more than one . This one is not related to the Johnny Grits in Palm Harbor.) This Johnny Grits is much better. It has a huge deck and pavilion. This place has some great food, even better wait staff, and a menu rich with options. We settled on Grits with Andouille sausage, omelets, grits and did I mention...grits. Our friends had the omelets and grits and shrimp and grits. The service was awesome. We never had to ask for more coffee or water. The wait staff were pleasant, clean and friendly. This little place is off the beaten path and worth searching out.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

This place is fantastic and has a wonderful and creative mix of items to savor. I enjoy the southern eggs Benedict.