“Good Food and Close to Home”

Los Magueyes Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 246 Restaurants in New Port Richey
Reviewed 8 September 2018

We enjoy Mexican restaurants but there aren't many close to our home in Hudson, Florida. We found this one online and went there last evening. We were greeted promptly and our drink order was taken when the chips and salsa arrived right after we were seated.

The food order was very slow but not really a problem because we wanted to relax for awhile.. We were told that they were busy with a large group in another room. Our food was delicious and the margaritas were good. We will return.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

Very good food and seems to be getting better. See my Google review with pictures. My wife and I have been here several times. We have brought friends and will continue to do so! :)

Reviewed 24 August 2018

Went with friends. I read all the nice reviews and gave it a try. First off the meat used in Taco's and Burritos has NO FLAVOR. It's just meat. Next we ordered the overpriced 'Margaritas'. $8.95 and absolutely no taste of Tequila in it. Felt like I got a a
screwing on the drinks. Meal was mediocre at best. At least they didn't screw up the beans and rice! Too many good to decent places to eat and drink for us to drive down there again.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

We stopped in for dinner, and was totally surprised by the food. This was some of the best Mexican we`ve had anywhere. I had the Los Dos Borrachos, with shredded chicken and it was out of this world. the chicken done perfectly, just the right amount of spice and plenty to eat, with an ice cold draft, life is good here!

Reviewed 23 July 2018

The reason for the drive is that our local favorite is under new management and the cooks are not up to the task. Because of their ratings we decided to give Magueyes a try and we were glad we did. It was after the lunch hour rush so the restaurant was almost empty and I guess the help was on break so service was slow. Our appetizer chips were thick but tasty and the salsa was thin but tasty. We were given plenty and they kept us busy until our entree's arrived. I had a combination plate with a Chile Relleno, Beef Enchilada and a Beef Burrito. The plate was huge, loaded and the flavors were amazing. Must have been a half pound of beef used in the fillings. I had to use a to go box for my leftovers. My wife said her Chicken Taco Salad was one of the best she has had. She hardly ever gives out compliments. We will be back and if you are looking for good food we will probably see you there.