2,540 results
All reviews la playa baleen restaurant gulf tower beachfront room beach service valet parking fire pit ocean front the ritz main tower valet service gulf of mexico resort fee beautiful beach valet guys large balcony per day
Reviewed 17 February 2010

We stayed at La Playa for the second July running in 2009 and will be heading back again this summer. We LOVE it here because it isn't too 'posh', I'd describe it as relaxed, casual and elegant...... and directly on a beautiful beach, wonderful!
Being right on the beach means a short ride in the car to eat at night if you want a change from the hotel but then you can't have it both ways! I'd opt for the beach view everytime, and what a view - all enjoyed from your own balcony furniture. However, not all rooms are facing the beach, some are across the street, but I understand some of these rooms also have a water view over the bay (I can't be sure on this) so it's worth checking ahead if it's important to you. The staff are great, really friendly, and make you feel welcome as soon as you drive up to the front door. I've been to some wonderful places in the world with great hotels, but there's something about SW Florida that keeps me going back. This is a lovely spot; I really hope it doesn't get spoiled by over-commercialism.
In response to someone's comments regarding the Cabana bar - I know this closes at dusk to protect the turtles when it's their egg season (this is the case for July I know) but not sure when else this may be, perhaps that's the reason for early closure?
Keep up the good work La Playa, we look forward to coming back soon!

Date of stay: July 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trailblazer08
LaPlayaDORM, Director of Revenue at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2010

Wow - what a wonderful review. Thank you so much for choosing LaPlaya and for sharing your experience. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit.

Yes all of our guestrooms do have a water view. In addition to our Beachfront guestrooms and our Lanai room which walk directly out onto the beach, we have rooms overlooking Vanderbilt Bay.

I will be sure to pass along your comments to our Operations Staff as they always enjoy hearing feedback from our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to LaPlaya when your travels bring you back to Naples.
Regards, Alison Shaffer, Director of Revenue.

Reviewed 14 February 2010

Came last year on a Mom's weekend. Myself, sister-in-law, and girlfriend. We loved it so much that we will be doing the same this year. The place was beautiful, and the staff at the resort was fabulous, especially the guys on the beach. The only problem we had was that the cabana bar closed way too early! Feels like you just get settled in after a day on the beach, and before you know it they say "last call"...huh? Would be nice to be able to have a night cap outside at the bar...the bartenders were the best. Could have stayed there all night. But, instead you are forced to go find somewhere else to hang out. Can't hang at the restaurant though at night. My girlfriend ordered a frozen drink, and the bartender actually rolled his eyes! We sat outside for at least one hour, and no one asked us if we needed anything, I guess because we weren't eating, just drinking...so what?They were so unfriendly there...it was terrible the attitude, and the service were sorely lacking. Except brunch...much better service, and staff. Looking forward to our trip in May...hopefully some of the hours have changed for the cabana, and the restaurant had a complete makeover for their night time hours.

Date of stay: May 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank khegs

Greetings from La Playa! Thank you for your recent stay with us and I am happy to hear that you will be returning.

Hopefully I can help clarify some aspects of your stay for your future visit. First I am sorry our Bar Service was not up to our usual standards and I have forwarded your comments to our Restaurant Manager. Normally our Tiki Bar stays open till sunset with our Baleen Bar open throughout the evening. Unfortunately, during your visit we experienced unusually colder temperatures than normal for Florida (in the 50's) so there were a few days that we closed early. As our weather returns to our normal beautiful and sunny days, our Tiki Bar hours should resume to their normal operating hours.

Please feel free to ask for me when making reserations for your next visit. I will make sure you are recognized as a repeat visitor.

I am pleased to hear you had wonderful service throughout the rest of the resort and we look forward to welcoming you back once again. Regards, Alison Shaffer,
Director of Revenue.

Reviewed 24 January 2010

We stayed at the La Playa from January 19 to 23, 2010. We were in the separate building called The Beach House, which fronts the beach. Our room was very nice and had a beautiful view of the beach. The housekeeping was excellent and very thorough. The premises are very well kept and there are ample employees to keep things in top shape. They are very courteous and helpful. Now the downside. There is a separate fee for parking (there really is no choice, as there is nowhere else to park except the valet) and for a resort fee of $17.00 per day. The resort fee incluides a number of things such as beach chairs and beach and pool towells. The hotel has an excellent restaurant (Baleen) which I review sparately. In conclusion, this is a very nice facility and we would definitely return, but be prepared to bite the bullet on the add-on fees.

Date of stay: January 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Toofaraway

Thank you for your choosing LaPlaya and for taking the time to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to pass along your positive comments to our Housekeeping Staff. I know they always appreciate the feedback for a job well done.

As you mentioned we are in a fairly residential location - one of the reasons why we have such a private beach location. To assist our guests we do provide Valet Parking. Our Resort Fee has also been proven to be a great value in that it includes Beach Chair and Umbrella set up daily (this is up to $25 per half day at other area hotels), wireless internet throughout the property, complimentary access to our Fitness Classes including Yoga and Pilates.

I hope this information proves valuable to you and other guests. Once again, I am happy to hear you had a wonderful stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Regards, A Shaffer, Director of Revenue.

Reviewed 8 January 2010

Certainly not a stranger to this Hotel, infact our third visit, well nearly will be!!!! Surely that says it all. Having previously stayed at the now Cold, Soul-less and Totally Unwelcoming Naples Grande...how refreshing this now is. Its very boutiquey and for those who seek Juicy Couture or Fancy Pants Flash - Please don't book here.... We really don't want you!

3  Thank JTOTHED
Reviewed 3 January 2010

I live in Boca Raton, Florida and travel to Naples often. I called prior to making a reservation and was told there was a kids club up to age 13, and that there were tons of things to do for kids. I told the agent on the phone that I was concerned b/c the weather was forecasted to be cold and she assured me that the kids activities would be adjusted for the weather. I am staying here now and there is NOTHING TO DO FOR KIDS. ALL BEACH ACTIVITIES ARE CLOSED (even though it is beautiful but chilly out), THERE IS NO KIDS CLUB. I spoke to the manager and she suggested we rent movies in our room or rent a board game. I am extremely upset. I work very hard as an attorney, get little time away with my kids, and did not expect to be misled by a 4 stay resort. Take my advice, stay at the Ritz, the Naples Beach Resort, or other 4 and 5 star resorts that I have stayed at that do stand by their word.

Date of stay: January 2010
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank michelle33496
LaPlayaDORM, Director of Revenue at LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort, A Noble House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2010

Greetings from La Playa! Thank you for your recent stay with us and I am sorry that we did not meet all your expectations.

Hopefully I can help clarify some aspects of your concerns. The comfort and care of our guests is a priority for us. However, we also take their safety extremely serious, Due to the unusually cold temperature during your visit (the low temperature was just 41 degrees) we took the precaution of closing our water activities for the safety of our guests and employees.

I am sorry you were not able to take advantage of our Kids Camp that operated during the first two days of your visit. Unfortunately, we were forced to cancel it on your requested date due to the cold temperatures.

I do hope that this information proves beneficial to yourself and to future guests. Thank you again for choosing La Playa - we hope to welcome you back someday soon.

Alison Shaffer