“Didn't care for Hungarian food”

Daniela's restaurant
Ranked #302 of 999 Restaurants in Naples
Price range: US$15 - US$23
Cuisines: Hungarian, Italian, Romanian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wiggins Pass Rd.
Description: We serve authentic Northern Italian, Romanian and Hungarian cuisine. We make our own pastas, bread, sauces, marmalade and more from scratch!! Healthy home cooking!“One of Naples’ overlooked gems. Daniela’s makes Great European comfort food at equally excellent prices.– Naples Daily News
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Our waitress was okay, but very busy. The atmosphere was fine, and the Violin player was very good. I didn't like the food, the sausages were burned and covered with black char, the sauerkraut was served very cold, but the mashed potatoes were okay. The bread was good and they brought a tiny dish of cucumber salad for all six of us. Is it supposed to be eaten on the bread? The waitress did bring butter with more rolls for a refill. I had ordered a carry out when I placed my order. When I asked if it was ready, they had forgotten it, so I agreed to take a cold square of Lasagna home and cooked it myself. Nothing else came with it. And it turns out, the Lasagna was the best food that I tasted all evening! I probably won't go there again. I liked the music much better than the food.

1  Thank Char W

Reviewed 21 February 2012

For those who haven't been to Daniela’s, it's really quite excellent. This is a classic family-run restaurant. Daniela is the executive chef; her sister Cori is the general manager and maitre d' (they are the owners), make you feel welcomed and you can see that they enjoy what they do. Daniela is turning out some wonderful dishes, all of the traditional Italian, Romanian and Hungarian dishes(the family being of Romanian ancestry). The restaurant's atmosphere is very welcoming, at the same time, almost homey, making Daniela’s a very pleasant dining experience. Prices, too, are reasonable for the quality. Loved everything the wine, the apps, the entrees were beyond delicious, and the homemade desert was to die for, the service was excellent very attentive staff. We fell in love with the musician he is very talented. Enjoyed it a lot! Will definitely go back with friends and family! Great Job!!!

1  Thank Alla N
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We visited on a few Friday nights when there is a violin player. He plays some Hungarian but also a pretty wide variety of other songs. It is an enjoyable addition to enjoying the food.

We have enjoyed the chicken papsrika (probably spelled differently), stuffed cabbage, the sausage platter to name a few.

Each was prepared to order, so be prepared to sit and wait. But with the music and friends that is fine.

One of us ordered the fish special and didn't like it. The chef came out took it back and offered to prepare something else. Which our friend declined. So the fish dish was deducted from the menu.

Dessert also were enjoyable.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Over priced, very small portions. We ordered a sample platter that serves 2 but it barely served one. The 2 cabbage rolls looked for like grape leaf rolls. They gave one very small chicken breast the size of a chicked thigh for 2 to share. I did not order a salad because they said a cucubmer salad came with the meal.. The cucumber salad ended up being 3 tablespoons of chopped cucumber for our entire tabe to share. My parents are hungarian and I was raised on hungarian food. This was terrible.

1  Thank Eva F
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Having lived in Naples for over 15 years and having been from NY and NJ I miss the local family owned restaurant. I earned my living for nearly 30 years selling seafood to restaurants like Randazzo's and Jean's in Sheepshead Bay and thed River Cafe under the Brooklyn Bridge, so I believe I know something about what makes a restaurant click. This place does and deserves your business. I noticed a horrible review from a woman from Marco Island and quite coincidentally found a similar one from someone named Nico also from Marco Island and this makes me wonder what is the source of this venomous language. I feel they are miserable people who enjoy trying to destroy the hard-working for some trival reasons, known only to their petty selves.