“Great food and warm, friendly service”
Review of Las Palmas

Las Palmas
Ranked #18 of 118 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent Cuban food, nice music and food and drinks. It’s very affordable, has great drink specials and a lot of food for the price. High quality.

Husband and I both had mofongo and sangria. We are both happy with the food and husband is a bit picky. Sangria is filled with lots of fresh fruit.

Highly recommend this place for a bite to eat. We sat outside and enjoyed the atmosphere.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

I was a bit hesitant to go into this place - piano bar keyboard player and young lady with with 'traditional' Cuban outfit made this place feel kitschy and a bit too 'corny tourist'. I am glad I took the chance to sit outside and try their food. Amazing! Staff were very friendly. I had the Cuban tostones appetizer and garlic Cuban sandwich. I want to take this chef home. Tostones were the best I have ever had!

Reviewed 19 October 2017

I had an amazing lunch there for $10 and didn't need to eat again the rest of the day. Lots of Cuban specialties and if you aren't sure - the waiter will explain in detail. Mine was excellent!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Lisa, our waitress was outside trying to coerce people in for dinner. We really weren't ready for dinner, so went it for what we thought were a couple drinks. We ended up eating some awesome dishes, all at the suggestion of our waitress. She was spot on. Plenty of food, great tasting Cuban dishes, cozy atmosphere. We were glad she dragged us inside!

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Terrible service with yesterday’s food. Waited over an hour for food, and it was bad. Too many other options in town than to waste time here. Live music was great and that is the only highlight.